[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ6 connection problems

AQ6 connection problems

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: AQ6 connection problems

Postby importon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:20 pm

Was there ever a tutorial for specific autoquad/xbee setup? I'm getting great xbee communication in xctu but cannot get any parameters in qgroundcontrol or get that sexy robot lady to talk dirty to me about my low voltage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
importon

Postby kinderkram » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:55 pm

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/autoquad- ... etry-xbee/
Have you connected the XBee like shown? Have you de-activatedflow control?
kinderkram

Postby importon » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:54 am

Thanks for your help.
I have connected as shown and I have deactivated flow control to the best of my knowledge.
here are 3 videos showing my connection and settings.
Any ideas where I when wrong? Thanks again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV-_48oxloA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnbu6NoiTxU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8a-ToYR34A
importon

Postby Jenne » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:47 pm

Hello,

I also have communication problems between AQ6 and QGC.
The AQ status LEDs are blinking and data are logged onto a SD card. If I connect the FTDI Adapter to a computer, there are also data in a terminal window, but I cannot establish a connection with QGC (at any baudrate). I also cannot flash a new firmware (DEVICE-ERROR). I've already tried a second FTDI adapter and another QGC version (1.5 and 1.6). Another AQ board is working fine.

Thanks for any ideas,
Jens
Jenne

Postby LPR » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Jens
How are you connecting to the AQ6?
Is this the AQ6 that Jussi repaired?
More info would help a lot. A picture might help us to understand your problem.

Are you powering the AQ6 with a battery and connecting only three wires to the AQ6 from the FTDI?

Larry
LPR

Postby Jenne » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:18 pm

Hi Larry,

no, that is not the one, which Jussi has repaired. It's a new one.
Yes, I power it with battery. I have all six wires to the FTDI, but I already tried it with CTS and RTS disconnected. I got no connection established. With my other AQ6 it works.
Then, I followed the manual to flash a new firmware and got an error message (I can do a firmware update on my other board without problems)

Jens
Jenne

Postby Jenne » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:53 pm

Hi,

okay, after a (long, I'm not very good in such things) search, I realized that one Recom was very badly soldered.
After fixing that issue, I could upload the firmware and connect to QGC. Now, I can go ahead :-)

However, I'm very disappointed that this happened with a new board. With 360€ (incl.DIMU) the AQ is not cheap. And I spent hours to get Pins and DIMU soldered, and the firmware flashed. It's really frustrating. I had problems with 2 of 3 AQs...

Jens
Jenne

Postby kinderkram » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:03 pm

That´s of course frustrating and shouldn´t happen.
Glad you found out and fixed it on your own.

You should drop a note to your dealer. ;)
kinderkram

Postby Jenne » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:47 pm

Thanks for your comments. And I had the next problem. The S.Bus converter does nothing and I have to use one out of my "old" copters instead. Shit happens.
Actually, such things are not a big deal. However, in this particular case I'm a bit nervous because the copter is not for myself (and I was voting for autoquad ;-)). But I'm happy that it seems to work now.
Jenne

Postby Jenne » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:52 pm

Okay, I made a first short test flight... :-)
Jenne

PreviousNext

Return to Connections