[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32 Q&A

ESC32 Q&A

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Re: ESC32 Q&A

Postby DUKE40 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:07 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to perform the thrust measurement for my motors and props using the ESC32.
I first ran the current limiter calibration, then the rpm to voltage calibration.
Then I wanted to use the possibility in the QGC to set the RPM to be used, but for some reason after I have set it to 300, changing it does not have any effect.
I tried the following:
stop the motor
deactivate the ESC
change the RPM
click on set
activate the ESC
start the motor

But nothing changed. Any idea how I could get this working? Or what I am doing wrong?
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby chschmid » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:14 am

Hi Duke

Try: arm, start
and then (adjust RPM), set

Set the new RPM with the motor running.

Maybe 300 is very low depending on the motor you use.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

ESC32 Q&A

Postby Luxar » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:46 pm

Hello !
It is possible, to program / change Settings over the CAN Bus ?
That would be a reason for me to upgrade the esc's with CAN Receivers....
Greetings from Germany - Ralf
Luxar

Postby Max » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:17 pm

Hi Ralf,

Yes, this can be done, though a bit indirectly for now. http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/esc32/esc ... -autoquad/

To program only one (or some) ESC this way, you'd disconnect the ones you don't want to program. For example to set rotation direction or the CAN ID. Its a little awkward but much easier than hooking up to each ESC directly.

Technically this can also be done over PWM (using a 1-wire protocol), but the current AQ firmware doesn't try to communicate with an ESC unless it knows it is an ESC32. And right now that can only happen when using CAN bus, or Quatos over PWM. A future firmware change will hopefully fix this issue by allowing one to manually select the ESC type being used.

Also note that you can save an esc32.txt file from the ESC32 Settings interface in QGC. It might be convenient to use as a starting point for your own settings files.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby Crizz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:59 pm

Maybe anybody here can give me good advice for my problem :

I´m building x8 Quad w/ ESC32 and T-Motors Navigator MN3508-16 ( 14-pole, 700 k/V, at 4s Lipo ). HAve the problem to find the right params for dependable start-up and unfailing response.

Actually i set timing to 21° , Startup-Voltage to 2.4 V and PWM to 10 kHz, but when i start to spin the motors, rear motors spin up so hard that the x8 makes a headstand. Setting timing to 18° and 1.9 V causes enginge bucking, no proper spinning and speed sometimes soars a little.

Tried 8 kHz PWM with same params, but only one motor spins up, the others failed complete.

Any advice how to find the best values ?
Crizz

Postby chschmid » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:24 pm

What prop and voltage are you using?
chschmid

Postby Crizz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:47 pm

13x4.4" T-Motor CF-Props at 4s Lipo are used
Crizz

Postby chschmid » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:12 am

We have data for the 12" Tiger prop only.
The 12" Tiger was already difficult to run properly. Play with the switching frequency and the advance setting.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Crizz » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:30 am

okay, if it wouldnt work i´ll swap with 12" props
Crizz

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:43 am

Attachments
ESC32_MN3510-15_630kV_1355T CFK.zip
(1.97 KiB) Downloaded 687 times