[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ board after repair going crazy, dangerous accident

AQ board after repair going crazy, dangerous accident

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: AQ board after repair going crazy, dangerous accident

Postby LordPikaChu » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:47 pm

Okay, tested with older firmware (r440, was working good with this firmware before) and the same happens - the board randomly hangs mid-flight.
LordPikaChu

Postby Florian75 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:56 pm

I think in this case you have to contact Jussi. If the old (tested) Software shows the same problem it can be a Hardware Problem. I have no more ideas.

Florian
Florian75

Postby JussiH » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:45 pm

I will send you a new board to test with. Pls hang on to the current board for now.

I am still not convinced that this is not a Radio problem, but another board will confirm or rule it out. Pls for now post some logs of this phenomenon.
JussiH

Postby LordPikaChu » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:39 pm

LordPikaChu

Postby JussiH » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:54 pm

I still cannot shake the thought that this is something to do with the radio somehow. In the last clip it seems to happen exactly at the time you lower the stick.

In the first clip the board is logging. Are you saying you got no data at all or that the data clipped when the board freezed? If there is any data, I would like to see it.
JussiH

Postby LordPikaChu » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:52 pm

Yes, the log is clipped when the board freezes.

I will send you an example log later today.

In the last clip it was really a coincidence, that's the only time that it happened. I just attached it because it was a good demonstration of the board hanging without being subject to vibrations. I have done the test like 30 or 40 times already and the board freezes without me touching the radio every time, except that one in the video.

I can also test with Turnigy 9X if you insist, I just don't yet know how to setup this radio with AQ. Any suggestions?
LordPikaChu

Postby LordPikaChu » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:36 pm

Okay, so, it looks like I cannot test with Turnigy 9X since it doesn't output PPM signal...

Today it was a bit difficult to cause the board to freeze. It only bugged out one or two times out of ten. I was able to record a log where it bugs out really quickly after powering up - please see the attachment.

Also, how would it even be possible for my radio to cause the board to freeze?

Now, I have another proof that my radio indeed works fine. When I was trying to record a log for you, a weird thing happened that has never happened before - the board bugged out, that is it didn't respond to external inputs (moving the copter), but the telemetry was still working! I could also turn the motors on and off, but they wouldn't go above idle RPM, no matter how high the throttle was set or how I would move the copter / any other radio stick. I have recorded this incident with my phone and you can clearly see in the QGC that my radio is working fine! Please listen carefully to the motor sound - they don't react to anything at all. They could only be off or run at idle speed.

If this doesn't prove to you that everything's okay with my radio - I don't know what does.

EDIT: Forgot to attach the LOG file:

AQ malfinction.LOG
(4.63 MiB) Downloaded 652 times
LordPikaChu

Postby bluuu » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:52 pm

its a full log from video ?

this shows half throttle (to the end)

aq_thr.jpg
bluuu

Postby Max » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:59 pm

OK you're gonna hate having to do this again, but if no one finds anything in the logs...

Can you get it to crash while you have the full Diagnostic Telemetry running? Set it to 25Hz or so, and enable Default and Stacks checkboxes (and Gimbal if you're using any gimbal/passthrough features). Then watch the Values Grid screen.

I'm specifically looking for "NaN" values after the "freeze" event, or stack(s) size going to zero (if it starts out at zero to begin with, that's fine). But post the whole screen. The fact that you still have comms during/after the crash should help a lot in diagnosis.

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Postby LordPikaChu » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:16 am

LordPikaChu

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller