[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - New Quad project based on reference quad

New Quad project based on reference quad

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

New Quad project based on reference quad

Postby leopold1 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:29 pm

My new quad project for the new year :D

Based on the following reference builds:

Most of the parts have arrived so I can start building very soon.
For HW I will be using all the same compenents.
I will also provide a mounting option for a 3 axis gopro mount.

A special thank to Angel "Afernan" who provided all the STL files for the 3D printed parts (and the some special instructions ;-) ) and template for the centerplates.
3D parts were made by Patrice "evel's hub" who I contacted through 3dhubs.com. It seemed he was living just a couple of km from me.
leopold1

Re: New Quad project based on reference quad

Postby leopold1 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:04 pm

Just finished the armes. I'm really happy with the 3d printer parts. They can be sanded and drilled very easely. The carbon arms are fixed in the monoblocks with 2 component resin.
To smooth out battery ripple I installed 470uf condensators which fit nicely in the arms. I also opted to mount the kiss esc's in the arms.

This is the power distribution board with integrated 5v and adjustable 12v BEC.

One thing I would like to know is if its normal that the Kiss ESC's are very silent. I tested them and they work but can hardly hear the beeps.
Last edited by leopold1 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leopold1

Postby kinderkram » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:30 pm

Very nice setup!
The 3D printed parts look cool - is there carbon fibre in the material?

btw: your images in the second post don´t work.

And if you put the KISSes into the arms you obviously silence them and the LEDs can´t be seen either. ;)
kinderkram

Postby leopold1 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:07 pm

3D parts are just ABS.
Images should be fine now.

Concerning the ESC's, I tested them out of the tubes before installation. Compared to other ESC's I can barely hear them.
leopold1

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:56 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby leopold1 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:06 am

Good to know about the esc's. It got me worried.

I'm still in the aq6 fase and wanted to build a proven project.
leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:27 pm

And here she is :)
A little big bigger than expected but very nice.
Maiden flight went quite good but I think I might have an issue somewhere. I'm looking in to it.

leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:01 pm

Finally got time to sort the problem out and it seemed to be a bad motor. The shop where I bought them has send me a new one under warranty.
I also shortened the arms to 610mm motor to motor. 750 was a little bit to big.
Nevertheless I did a new maiden flight for 20min+ on a 5800mAh batt after doing just a TARE and compass cal.

Very smooth and precise even with 15km/h wind. :)
leopold1

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi,
Seems like the reference build idea has proved valid!
Thumbs up :!: and enjoy.
A small video would be nice too ;)
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby leopold1 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:58 pm

Yes indeed!!
Video will follow asap :-)
leopold1

Next

Return to AQ Media Showcase