[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ QGC 1.6.0 release for Win and OS X

AQ QGC 1.6.0 release for Win and OS X

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: AQ QGC 1.6.0 release for Win and OS X

Postby Max » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:36 pm

I see... I think what you're saying is that the styled elements don't scale properly to your 250% setting. I don't think it has anything to do with the high-res screen per-se (except that you need to magnify everything :) ). I'll play with the CSS at some point to see if that can be worked around for the toolbar.

The mav widget needs a rewrite to be properly scalable... those fonts are too small to read even on a normal monitor.

"Native" style is actually a separate option, not the same as any of the other named styles. Not sure it'll make any difference in this case, but something to be aware of. Best to restart the app after selecting "Native" style.

Thanks for posting the screens, there's nothing like actually seeing what's going on.

-Max
Max

Postby Jdmagoo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:33 pm

Hey Max,

just downloaded QGC 1.6 and love the work you have done fantastic!! Just wondering if there will be Quad H configuration in the Mixing tab available sometime soon? I plan to build one with quatos and noticed there want one as a default.

Many Thanks

James
Jdmagoo

Postby Max » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:48 am

Max

Postby OlliW » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:00 pm

since I couldn't attach it in the PM, here the screenshot for your test css
Attachments
QGC-4k-4max-cssfrommax.jpg
OlliW

Postby kinderkram » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:29 am

Looking much better.

Only the "Unmanned systems" is fucked up. It has a fixed size - I guess it´s a relict of the beginnings of QGC.
Anyway only useful in the pilot´s screen. Most info are also represented in the status bar and the "Status details".
Or for a deeper look the onboard parameters and communication console.
kinderkram

Postby Max » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:16 pm

Thanks for trying it out Olli. And sorry I keep misspelling your name apparently. :) Also, from your PM, I don't know what's up with the the Win. toolbar issue you described... sounds strange and I can't reproduce it here. Probably some Qt/Windows weirdness, maybe next Qt version will fix it.

Here's the css Olli was trying, in case anyone else finds it handy. Set to Native style, restart, then Options->Display-Select Stylesheet. Unfortunately, I realized, there's no way to load a custom style at startup... will have to fix that later.

The trick to keep the styles scalable is to use relative measurement units (pt and em) instead of absolute (px). At some point it would be good to update all the styles this way, but it'll be a big job.

Cheers,
-Max
Attachments
style-native.css
(3.63 KiB) Downloaded 757 times
Max

Postby LPR » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:51 am

Max

QGC is working well and I like the fix for Quatos_Knobs but I see a problem with RESET. With the older 1.6 QGC Reset worked, you would hear that the board disconnected and it would reconnect and you could see the info in the Communication Counsel.

With the new QGC after I click on Reset i hear the disconnect but it never reconnects on my window 7 laptop.

I found a short cut today so I don't have to shut down the QGC, disconnect the USB and then restart the QGC to have some parameter changes. If I move the Settings for Serial Link widow over the top of the Unmanned System window and not close it, then I can disconnect and reconnect without needing to close the QGC, if I click on the Disconnect button in the Setting for Serial link window before I disconnect the USB cable. The QGC will then connect automatically when I plugin the USB cable. This is almost as easy as using Reset and works for just disconnecting the board to be able to fly. This come in handy when working on small brushed M4 quads. On larger quads I alway use a serial radio and connecting and disconnecting is easy.

Larry
LPR

Postby Max » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:06 am

Hi Larry,

The reconnection after a reset of M4 via USB can be intermittent and depend on a lot of factors. I doubt the new QGC version makes a difference, but perhaps. On my computers it typically works 50% of the time. Which can be annoying. The v2 might act a bit different from v1, especially after all the resistor messing-about lately.

You found the right solution (manually disconnect first), but you don't need to keep the serial config window open. You can do the same from the Communication Console window with the Connect/Disconnect button. I always have that open anyway since we need it to see important messages.

You have about 10 seconds to re-connect the USB after disconnecting for it to automatically detect it and re-establish the connection. This usually lets you see all (or most of) the startup messages as well. After that you'd have to hit the Connect button manually.

-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:25 am

Larry, by "reset" you mean "restart" on the bottom of the onboard parameters?

I don´t have these problems with 1.6.
In contrary: in 1.5 I sometimes had the behaviour you described but on 1.6 it even doesn´t disconnect. At least no message...

Difference might be: I´m using a BT connection - once I´m done flashing I don´t touch the USB any more.
kinderkram

Postby Max » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:30 am

Max

Previous

Return to AQ Software