[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ QGC 1.6.0 release for Win and OS X

AQ QGC 1.6.0 release for Win and OS X

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

AQ QGC 1.6.0 release for Win and OS X

Postby Max » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:39 am

Hi all,

Version 1.6 of the AQ ground control software is available. This release brings full support for Quatos configuration/tuning, M4 v2, new firmware features, a cleaner dark style, and many other improvements. Please read the release notes for important details.

As always, source code is @ .

Please report any issues. Will try to add some sexy screenshots later... ;)

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Re: AQ QGC 1.6.0 release for Win and OS X

Postby chschmid » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:53 am

Thanks Max
Its awesome - as always :)

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby kinderkram » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:04 am

Above & Beyond again, Max! New Year can come... :D

You forgot to mention that there´s also a new firmware r441 released which covers the latest changes.

Best downloaded through the Firmware Wizard:
http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/ ... ad-wizard/
kinderkram

Postby OlliW » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:41 pm

Hey Max

the new QGC is great! Thanks so much. :)
I installed the AQ stuff now also on a Win8 tablet. The docu was great and made it really easy. Muchos gracias, very good :).

I encounter the issue that I have a 4k display and the QGC styles are not display aware (QGC dark and light) or only partially (all others). Both QGC are essentially useless, text is way too small. The other styles are usable since most pieces are regularly sized, but unfortunately not all (e.g the status line in the top).
Some other things, e.g. detaching and attching sub-windows, don't work totally smooth on Win8.

I also cannot zoom the map using the touch screen, makes it hard to set waypoints. Maybe I just have not yet figured out how to do that, but it's then at least not as usual.

A final minor point: Scroll down lists should IMHO generally have the size of the containing text and not of the control field and/or show shrinked text, as e.g. in the waypoint editor. A drop down list showing 'NA...ff', 'N...','N...e', 'N...s', N...h', and so on is not very useful.

Just thought to let you know.

Thx again for this great work,
Olli
OlliW

Postby Max » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:22 am

Hi Ollie, thanks for your feedback. And you're welcome. :)

I don't have a 4K display so can't help there. If it mostly works with native styles, that's good. If you have any ideas how to fix the styling on the toolbar, that'd be great (it's just CSS). I'd also graciously accept a donated 4K monitor... :lol:

On my dual-core Atom Win8 tablet things are pretty smooth, and some other Win8 tablets I've seen (including a tiny 8" this summer). Maybe the 4K display is slowing things down. It's definitely a graphics-intensive app.

The lack of touch zoom has bothered me too, but I didn't get around to it this time. The side slider works OK, but not great (+/- buttons would probably be easier). Overall the fact that one can use a complex app designed for mouse and keyboard on a touchscreen at all is fairly impressive I think.

The mission planner needs a complete rewrite. :( It's one part of QGC I haven't touched since I took over.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby OlliW » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:35 am

Hey Max

I totally understand the great challenge in programming a GUI which should run on various hardwares. The QGC is a great achievement.

Unfortunately - for me - I just have hit the singular spot where it is not practically usable. Bad luck.
I btw have such an orange lenovo touch fold thingy (forgot the name), so hardware-wise it's quite good (last year it was kind of top notch LOL).
I'm not good at this GUI things, especially when it comes to Win, and even more so when it comes to support different displays and so on and forth. So, I'm of no help here. But it makes me even more apreciate your achievements with GQC. :)
I have peeked into Qt, I might switch over to it for my own projects at some point, I might then be in a better position to not only criticize LOL

EDIT2: I thought I at least could have a look at the CSS files, but couldn't find any style folder or .css files for version 1.6 (for 1.5.0.1 they are easily found).

I started tyring the Android app, the BT is working great with QGC on both the PC and the lenovo. Very cool. With Android the app still stops right after connecting. Let's see.

Cheers, and thx for your hard work,
Olli

EDIT: I unfortunately can't afford donating a 4K tablet ;)

EDIT2: btw, with v1.6 a black dos box quickly pops up and disappears at startup, which isn't with v1.5.0.1 (I know a similar behavior for my perl GUIs, when I forget to tell not to show the dos box).
OlliW

Postby Max » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:52 am

Hi Ollie,

The CSS files are actually embedded in the exe, so I stopped distributing them separately (along with a lot of other useless stuff). You'll need to get them from the GitHub repo -- they're in /files/styles folder. As you probably found, you can load custom style sheets through the Options menu, which is quite handy (and Alt-R to refresh it once loaded). The CSS is very similar to Web CSS, with a few differences (and quite a few peculiarities :) ). http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/stylesheet-reference.html

I have to say there's a lot I like about Qt, and the cross-platform stuff really works. The docs are extensive and high quality, and lots of well-written examples. Even the IDE is one of the nicest I've ever used for any language (and I've been doing this ~20 years now).

The console window is new... I don't love it but it allows a CLI interface to be used (`qgroundcontrol_aq -h` for the options). The other way would be a separate little utility (CLI or GUI)... maybe in the future. Of course this is only a Windows problem.

Well, that's too bad about no new high-def monitor for me, but I understand... :cry:

j/k of course :)

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby OlliW » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:18 am

Hey Max
I didn't do extensive research but looked at the css files ... with my limited knowledge/understanding I couldn't spot anything particular ... the only thing which crossed my mind is that the "native" css have much less definitions, and made me thinking that whenever an item is specified in th ss the display awareness is gone, e.g. the native.css defines the status bar, and it is the status bar which is extremely small on my 4k, etc. ,,, if this would indeed be the case it would suggest that the 4k issue is deeper down in Qt.
not sure this makes any sense or is of any help
thx, for your detailed comments :)
Olli
OlliW

Postby Max » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:34 am

HI Ollie,

Could you send me a screenshot of QGC on your system? Especially the toolbar with native styling, though I'm also curious what the black style looks like.

You can try loading a blank css file and see what happens. You'll loose the colors and sizing of the labels on the toolbar, but maybe that will be better. You can also hide the toolbar altogether of course, it's not strictly necessary for anything.

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Postby OlliW » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:03 pm

vista and black attached

vista looks good except of status bar and mav item
vista is representative for the other styles available from within the GUI except the two QGC styles (black and light)

EDIT: I use display scaling 250%
Attachments
QGC-4k-4max-vista.jpg
QGC-4k-4max-black.jpg
OlliW

Next

Return to AQ Software