[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Quatos and KISS speedcontroller

Quatos and KISS speedcontroller

The new control algorithm for AutoQuad flight controllers.

Quatos and KISS speedcontroller

Postby HeliHenkie » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:22 am

Hi all,

I'm planning to build a lightweight quadcopter (<1kg) with an AQ6 flightcontroller and KISS esc's.
In several places on the forum I've read it's possible to use Quatos in combination with the KISS speedcontroller instead of the ESC32.

Is this possible with the regular firmware or do I have to compile a specific version?

Best regards,

Jan Willem
The Netherlands
HeliHenkie

Re: Quatos and KISS speedcontroller

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:12 am

Hi Jan,

you need to have the thrust curve of your motor/prop combination when used with KISS, and a firmware which used external ESC and QUATOS --> for the moment you will have to compile your own.
Hints can be found here viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3857

Joerg

P.S. I've added the values for T-Motor MN2206-11 2000KV (http://www.rctigermotor.com/html/2014/N ... 9/197.html) with T-Motor 6x2 CFK Prop (http://www.rctigermotor.com/html/2013/prop_0904/24.html) + KISS ESC (http://flyduino.net/KISS-ESC-2-4S-12A) at 3S LiPo
thanks to Christof for doing the measurements! :!: :!:
Attachments
MN2206-2000 KISS Schubwerte.zip
MN2206-11 + T-Motor 6x3 CFK Prop + KISS ESC @ 3S
(165.3 KiB) Downloaded 1512 times
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Max » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:56 am

There is already compiled firmware for AQ6 w/DIMU and Quatos. http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/ ... ad-wizard/ Jan, if you need one w/out DIMU, let me know (and which AQ6 board revision).

-Max
Max

Postby DUKE40 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:35 pm

How can the thrust curve be determined when using the KISS? I know how to do that using the ESC32, but for the KISS?
Could anyone please explain.
I am planning to build an hexa with M4, Quatos, KISS 12A, MT1306 and T-Motor 5x3 or 6x2 props.
I could do the thrust curve measurement with an ESC32, but I think this would not give the right results for my build.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby chschmid » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi Jan

You can run the mot at given PWM's and measure the thrust. This data is used to determine the thrust curve.
e.g. PWM 1000 - 1950, run at steps of +50, take the thrust and calculate the curve 0 - 950 with the thrust data.
I think the data for your combo are available, but I can not remember who did it.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby DUKE40 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:22 pm

Ok, to set a specific PWM, I could use my TX and connect the KISS to the RX, but this would most probably be quite unprecise.
Could I use a servo tester?
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby chschmid » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:30 pm

Hi Jan
Use a servo tester where you can read the PWM sent.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby HeliHenkie » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:35 pm

HeliHenkie

Postby chschmid » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:09 pm

Hi Jan Willem

use R441 from here:

This is for external ESC's.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Max » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:21 pm

Christof, he's using AQ6. Everyone keeps referring him to M4 stuff. :)

Jan, as we've discussed on some other thread, Quatos on other ESC types are definitely a work in progress. Steve and Menno are your guys for that, I really don't know enough about it to comment. AFAIK it does require a customized firmware, but I could be wrong about that. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Best,
-Max
Max

Next

Return to Quatos Adaptive Control