[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Using Gamepad with Autoquad M4???

Using Gamepad with Autoquad M4???

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Using Gamepad with Autoquad M4???

Postby Flyer324 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:13 am

Hello,

I would like to make the autoquad M4 ladybird reference build with
KISSSYS exp board and BT Telemetry module. But I don't want to have to
fly with a traditional TX, Instead I would like to fly using the BT
telemetry module and a gamepad controller on my windows tablet. Does
the Windows GCS support this?

If I can't fly via gamepad and telemetry link, does anyone have any
suggestions on how I could fly using a gamepad from my PC? Perhaps
using a DSM2 TX module like this and the autoquads built in DSM2 RX??

I'm not a coder or anything but I can follow instructions and would
really appreciate any help with how I could fly via gamepad from my
PC. I have 0 experience with AutoQuad but I will be getting the
autoquad M4 board very soon.

Thanks
Flyer324

Re: Using Gamepad with Autoquad M4???

Postby kinderkram » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:34 am

Hi Flyer324, welcome to AQ!

No, atm it´s not possible to fly the M4 with a game pad via QGC.
The DSM transmitter would work but you´d need a device that outputs the channel signals to the transmitter.

Maybe someone has an idea how to solve this ... but don´t. For serious flying with a proper range and full functionality you will need a regular transmitter anyway.

Norbert

btw: there are a few M4v2 left from the Xmas batch. So grab it while it lasts. ;)
kinderkram

Postby Flyer324 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:04 am

Thanks for your reply,

Well I'll just be using it for mostly indoor flights around the house, so I'm not too concerned about range. It would be great if someone could further explain how I could output the signals to use the DSM2 transmitter.

That would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks
Flyer324

Postby Max » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:21 pm

With a gamepad, an Arduino or similar, and a DSMx RC module, you wouldn't even need a computer. :) I bet someone has done that, and either way I do like the idea since the biggest thing about traveling with an M4 is the Tx. Orange sells a pretty small DIY module package.

Basically you need a PPM signal to the RC module. Maybe you could get that out of a PC audio output... dunno. But either way w/out programming you'd need something already available. I'd search around... cool idea.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Ok, Max: before you follow the following link, you´ll promise not to immediately start with coding a gamepad solution? :lol:

Ok, our friends over at DIYD have solutions. They have a "joystick" input: http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/flying ... ontroller/
They use wireless telemetry for it so for indoor use BT might be sufficient.

Might be a nice option for the second radio in split mode for a cam operator ... next year.
kinderkram

Postby Flyer324 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:16 pm

Thanks guys,

I'm still looking into ways to generate
a PPM signal for the OrangeTX to send. I actually have a few APM
copters I fly with a PS4 controller over telemetry link but they do
not support any pocket sized quad boards like the M4.

I work offshore and want a pocket quad to bring with me and bringing a
huge TX is not an option, so I have to figure out a way to make this
work... The more portable the better. I have a surface pro 3 tablet I
use to fly my APM copters with so it's not a big deal if i need a PC
to fly, but it would be nice if I could fly without one.

I will keep looking into it, in the meantime I will be ordering as I'm
confident I'll figure something out.

Thanks again for replies
Flyer324

Postby Max » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:28 pm

Max

Postby OlliW » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:02 pm

OlliW

Postby kinderkram » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:28 pm

Olli, just found the MLP4DSM (with Spektrum compatible module X10EMTX) for Blade Helis.
The Eflight comes at 20€ but is tagged as 4ch transmitter.

Someone tested this 6ch module against a Spektrum receiver:
http://makeithappend.org/archives/679
kinderkram

Postby OlliW » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:16 pm

the transmitter is 4 channel, but the transmitter MODULE sends 6 channels ;)
(or even 7, can't remember LOL)
OlliW

Next

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller