[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32 Q&A

ESC32 Q&A

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Re: ESC32 Q&A

Postby Confuse » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:37 am

Hi folks! Do someone of you know whether it is possible to change the motor direction directly via the AQ6 utiliting the QGCS? I am using ESC32 with CAN communication. I know where I can change the direction via the direct ESC32 communication, but it means that I would have a lot of more effort...

Thanks in advance!
Confuse

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:46 am

Hi,

this is possible directly in the configuration of the ESC32 through QGCS, just connect the corresponding ESC32 to QGCS and change the direction accordingly.
It is nothing you can do in the configuration of the AQ itself. It is a matter of ESC32.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby Confuse » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:52 am

Thanks Duke! If this is nothing I can do via the AQ directly, I have to deinstall most of the things of my Quad, in order to get access to one of the ESC's. This is why I was hoping to change the direction directly via the AQ communication.
Confuse

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:15 am

Hi Confuse,

unfortunately not, this is why you should allways check all your components, including the rotation of the motors before finally assembling everything together, at least this is how I always proceed.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby chschmid » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:28 pm

There is a chance to do what you need.
Prepare two esc32.txt files. One with "DIRECTION 1" and one with "DIRECTION 0" content.
Disconnect power or CAN from one set of ESC's.
Put the esc32.txt on you SD card, slide it into AQ6 and reboot. The command from your esc32.txt will be transferred to the ESC32 and saved to ROM.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:43 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Max » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Yes this should work if using ESC32 via CAN bus, or PWM with Quatos.

-Max
Max

Postby Confuse » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Thanks guys! Sounds good... I will give it a try. Just to be sure: The directions of ESC's with the ID2 and ID4 have to be changed. So ID1&3 have to be disconnected during reflash, right? I only have to prepare a textfile with "Direction1" and "Direction content" in a line, or each command per line? Direction CW will be "Direction 1" and CCW will be "Direction 2"?
Confuse

Postby Confuse » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:27 pm

Sorry... Direction 0 is the other command I have to type in ;-) Now it's clear...
Confuse

Postby chschmid » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Well, I guess all your motors are turning in the same direction. Check if they are set 0 or one.
Then disconnect the ones that turn correct and change the direction of the other two as described.
The only command (one line) in the esc32.txt is
DIRECTION 0
or
DIRECTION 1

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

PreviousNext

Return to ESC32