[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ board suddenly dead. Help needed.

AQ board suddenly dead. Help needed.

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

AQ board suddenly dead. Help needed.

Postby LordPikaChu » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Hello everyone,

did my AQ just die? If so, why?

Last time I used the board was two weeks ago, it was working as expected. Today I powered it up and it seems to be dead (no LEDs, doesn't respond to radio commands, is not recognized by QGC), but it still gives power to my Rx and telemetry radio! The MCU is warm when power is connected.

The copter, on which the board is mounted, was sitting literally untouched for the past two weeks. What could be the cause of the board dying like that?

I would appreciate any insights.
LordPikaChu

Re: AQ board suddenly dead. Help needed.

Postby kinderkram » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:26 am

That doesn´t sound good. :?
Possibly a damaged MCU, possible causes could be humidity, electrical discharge, voltage spikes or a weak part on the board.

Maybe some of our hardware experts can help to find the part in question...
kinderkram

Postby LordPikaChu » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:36 am

Thanks for your reply. I don't think that the board has been subjected to any of these conditions.

Is it possible to buy an MCU and solder it to the board?
LordPikaChu

Postby LordPikaChu » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:44 am

Okay, it looks like it's possible. Which one of these should I get?

And, more importantly, how can I check if this really is the MCU that is dead? I have a standard multimeter on my disposal.
LordPikaChu

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:20 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby LordPikaChu » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:30 am

LordPikaChu

Postby JussiH » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:15 am

Mateusz,

You can send the board back and I will replace the MCU under warranty.

Thanks

Jussi
JussiH

Postby LordPikaChu » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:09 pm

LordPikaChu

Postby joebar.rc » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:34 pm

There is a good change the 3.3V line is dead. Either the 3.3v LDO or the MCU. If you insist you could check the stm32f407 datasheet for the VDD line(s) and if that gets 3.3v. If not... well..
The dual output 3.3V LDO is sitting just above the capacitors and j3/j4
For the rest I dont have schematics so no further help possible.
joebar.rc

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi,
there are (many) ways to measure the 3.3V (+Vcc) rail:

1. Spektrum Sat connector (J7)
Pin1: +Vcc
Pin2: GND

2. Debug connector J6
Pin3: GND

3. BOOT0 jumper

4.. look at the 'AQ6 headers&connector docu' and search for 3.3V supply signals --> no schematic need in first place!

By the way: U3/U4 and U20 are 3.3V (+Vcc) LDOs:
U3/U20: LD2985BM33R
U4: MIC5210

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare
aBUGSworstnightmare

Next

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller