[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - KISS on AQ board

KISS on AQ board

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

KISS on AQ board

Postby afernan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:32 am

UPDATE: IMPORTANT NOTE In case of KISS use:

I got awesom performances using KISS but it´s critical wrt frame design (allocation of natural frequencies of the build wrt excitation frequency of the propellers). KISS ESCs are used only with PID control. This is under development yet. We´ve discovered that under certain frame configurations high coupling with control can happen inducing high vibrations (> 1g) making impossible to fly. Tunning it´s possible but for an expert user. NOT recomended by newbies

Instead, use ESC32 (or other standard ESC withouth freewheelig)
_______________________________________________________________________________________

I want to show my last mount using KISS-18A ESC´s based on TERAMAX TankQuad (viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3599).

In summary: ABSOLUTELY AWESOM PERFORMANCES!

Super smooth flight, precise, free of vibrations and the best: a big pleasure to flight. This KISS joints perfectly with AQ board, no doubt on that. I don´t want to compare with ESC32 and QUATOS, but it´s really close performances.

Details of the build:
- TMotor 3110, 700kv + TM12x4 CF props
- KISS esc, 18A
- fw r429, DIMU1.1 (no quatos)
- frame: custom quad 610mm, monoblock full 3D printed, 16mm CF tube arms.
- 1175g (including FPV Tx & camera).
- Flight time:25+ min with 5000mA, 4S

Mounting of the KISS just below the motors. Used a 330uF cap inside the tube. So plenty of free space in between central plates for payload.

Keep tuned for video show.
Attachments
DSC_0056.JPG
DSC_0069.JPG
DSC_0045.JPG
DSC_0036.JPG
Last edited by afernan on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
afernan

Re: AQ: Keep It Super Simple

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:56 am

Hi Angel, that looks nice. I've been keeping on with the smaller monoblock frames with 10" props, but after changing the angle of the arms slightly to balance the weight better around the middle of the frame, AQ just won't fly it any more. I just got lots of throttle pulsing in manual mode and could never get rid of it despite trying hard, so changed it to run an APM which flies well now, but I'm missing the precision of control that AQ has.

Have you attached gimbals to any of these frames yet? Would you set the battery back on the center plate, and mount the gimbal in front of it? I'm quite keen to try the AQ again on a symmetrical frame the same as yours and run a gopro with a rectilinear lens on a printed 3 axis gimbal. I have all of your monoblock 750 frame parts printed here ready to go. Just need to cut the central plates.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby afernan » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:35 am

Hi Glenn:

yes I set up a gimbal (based on servo) Just below the battery. The battery bracket has below a square 4xholes 45x45mm same as AQ interface). It worket perfect with this gimbal, no waveing effect.

Also I use to attach directly the GoPro below the battery without gimbal with excelents results. The mass of the battery works as the best vibration filter you can get.
afernan

Postby afernan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:46 am

I´ve built this small quad intended for FPV with a sandwich panel I had lying around. I use also KISS esc´s.

Nice flying using r429-DIMU (PID) using same params than model above.

Buils details below

KISS esc´s 18A (VIACOPTER)
MOTORs: X2208 1100KV (FLYDUINO)
Props: HQ 9"x4.5 Carbon reinforced (FLYDUINO)

Custom frame: 400 motor to motor
Sandwich CF skins (0.375mm each) , ALU honneycom, 330 x 80 x 15 mm
Arms : alu tube 10x10x1, 300 mm

Dry weight: 540 g
Battery 1300mA, 3S (10 min flight time)
Attachments
IMG_20141014_181931.jpg
IMG_20141014_181918.jpg
IMG_20141014_181409.jpg
afernan

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:05 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: KISS on AQ board

Postby afernan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:20 am

@Joerg:
I´m just received the BLDC. Thanks again for that.
Yes, I can test it with M4 on this rig. Do you have a sort of instructions/manual for that?

Angel
afernan

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:36 pm

Attachments
SANY0311.JPG
detail shot of the ESC connection. Signal wires are orange (pin is marked on the PCB with a small arrow!)
SANY0307.JPG
M4 power supply via +VB (max 4.5V!)
M4uSDBLCDexpansion0r1_docu.pdf
(80.6 KiB) Downloaded 1283 times
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Kisssys » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Joerg

What are the large caps for on your board?

How do you plan on keeping the M4 rigid, doesn't look like the mounting holes line up for stacking?
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:06 pm

Attachments
SANY0324.JPG
0r2 with set nuts - bottom
SANY0323.JPG
0r2 with set nuts - top
SANY0008.JPG
'find Waldo' pic: can you find the two M2 brass screws?
SANY0006.JPG
0r2 board with set nuts
SANY0003.JPG
fix M4 with 2x M2 screw + nuts on 0r1 version
SANY0308.JPG
Additional caps on the power distribution. The PDB PCB is sold by TC
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Kisssys » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:27 am

Ok, the caps are probably a good addition. The screw holes are 2mm and it is extremely easy to contact traces around the screw hole. Plastic is perfect, if metal is used then a insulated washer should be between the screw head and the board and the post and the board to prevent shorts. Their is a 4mm diameter mechanical void around the hole but some traces get much closer and protected only by the solder mask.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Next

Return to AQ Media Showcase