[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ6 + DIMU 1.1: Problems with firmware hott_dimu_r416_aq6r1

AQ6 + DIMU 1.1: Problems with firmware hott_dimu_r416_aq6r1

Info & Discussions about good ole AQ6, taken to the next level.

AQ6 + DIMU 1.1: Problems with firmware hott_dimu_r416_aq6r1

Postby stefannn » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Hello,

there is something I just don't understand.

I flashed a new AQ6/DIMU1.1 with the "aqv6.7.r224.b1400-rev1.hex" firmware. Everything's fine.

As I would like to use the HOTT features I went on and flashed to "hott_dimu_r416_aq6r1". Now there is some strange behaviour. Or at least I don't understand. As you can see below the flashing procure had finished without an error.

screen_20140918_a.tiff
screen_20140918_a.tiff (163.39 KiB) Viewed 23309 times

Once I recycle the power of the AQ6 and connect the board to the qgc (OSX) it seems to be waiting forever for the "param list" Moreover, the qgc stops short of indicating the current firmware version. Is there anything I missed?

screen_20140918.tiff

Comments really appreciated.

Cheers,
Stefan
stefannn

Re: AQ6 + DIMU 1.1: Problems with firmware hott_dimu_r416_aq

Postby chschmid » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:33 am

Hi
You need to connect now via communication - add link to establish a connection via mavlink.

Cheers
Christof
Attachments
Serial connectuion.JPG
Serial connectuion.JPG (75.71 KiB) Viewed 23295 times
chschmid

Postby stefannn » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:26 am

stefannn

Postby chschmid » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:37 am

Did you ever press "refresh"?
chschmid

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:36 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby stefannn » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:05 am

Hi,
check your FTDI TX connection (RX on the AQ6).
Experienced the same situation when testing a custom adapter board. Moving HUD is based on Mavlink data send by default; parameters list will only be send when requested (QGC needs to send a command to AQ6).

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Hello Joerg,

Thank you for your input and especially for the clarification that HUD is based on MAVLINK-

I will check the connection, in particular the RX/TX cable(s). Alas I am on the road right now and I will only continue tinkering with the AQ6 on September 30.

Anyway, what I don't understand is that with the "aqv6.7.r224" firmware everything goes smoothly. Including the transfer of the param list. Consequently, the wiring should be right?!

Cheers,

Stefan
stefannn

Postby JussiH » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:14 am

Sounds like you have HW flow control enabled....try and disable it in the communication port setup window.
JussiH

Postby stefannn » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:03 pm

stefannn

Postby stefannn » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:17 am

SOLVED * SOLVED * SOLVED * SOLVED * SOLVED * SOLVED * SOLVED *

Hello Jussi,

I disabled HW flow control and now it works.

(Now I'll go for static calibration.)

Thank you for your help,

Stefan
stefannn

Return to AQ6 +DIMU +CAN