[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32 with T-Motor U8-Pro

ESC32 with T-Motor U8-Pro

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

ESC32 with T-Motor U8-Pro

Postby TheBone » Mon May 26, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi guys,

I wrote this topic in the fpv-community forum too (). But through the fact that it seems to be that nobody knows or at least want to share his knowing I hope to get help in the AQ Community. As I wrote in my previous threads I plan to build an AQ Quad. As the result of the difficult Collision Detection I want to start with something easier.
To build this very tough quad I want to use U8-Pro kv170 motors. But these motors are best to use with 6s-12s batteries. The ESC32, you know at it's best, works just up to 5s battery-voltage. Before I test this setup I'd like to hear your opinions to that topic. As I wrote in the fpv-Forum I saw a video from bn999999 with a nearly the same setup. Does anyone know something about that? I think he used the new ESC32v3. How does the old ones perform with this motors?
Thank you in advance.

Greetings
Chris
TheBone

Re: ESC32 with T-Motor U8-Pro

Postby bn999 » Mon May 26, 2014 7:54 pm

Have not tried ESC32v2 with the U8, but you really need 6S or more to get the efficiency out of it.

I would highly recommend building a small, inexpensive quad using the AQ FC to gain some experience before you try anything as difficult or large as a U8 powered machine.
bn999

Postby TheBone » Tue May 27, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi bn999,

Thank you for your response. I know that it isn't the bast way, but I have well skilled people in my surrounding. Therefore I hope to get this project done. What way would you recommend to use U8 Pro motors? I'm a little bit frustrated about all this construction zones but atm. I think it would be the best way to use the U8 Pro first with 5S Batteries and when the ESC32v3 comes final I'll upgrade to the new ones with 6S Batteries. How do you realize the high voltage with the AQ FC?

Love you guys. :D
TheBone
TheBone

Postby bn999 » Tue May 27, 2014 4:58 pm

You can upgrade the RECOMs on the v6 board to a version which handles higher input voltages.
bn999

Postby TheBone » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:59 am

Hi,

I want to report the further steps of my project. At the moment nearly all parts are bought an configured. The last problem I have is the ESC32 with the T-Motor U8 Pro. I don't know which specific parameter bn999 used in his video with the normal U8. But it looks pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABTS13ZF4hQ

Greetings
TheBone

PS.: I use the ESC32v2 with 30A max. Current. 20000 Max. Period., 1.3 Start Voltage and 40 Pole's. Does someone has better parameters for me?

PPS.: You can see all parameters at the following picture:
Attachments
Current_ESC32v2_config.jpg
TheBone

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:48 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby LPR » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:07 pm

Chris

To have Freewheeling mode you need the ESC32 V3.
To have those big U8 motors run right you must calibrate the ESC32 V2. Be very careful calibrating that big of a motor and prop.
If you have not calibrated a ESC32 before I would start by calibrating a small 8" or 10" prop and motor combination.

Larry
LPR

Postby TheBone » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:33 pm

Thank you for your answers. Could anyone say something more about the Freewheeling mode?

I'll try to calibrate the ESC32. Does anyone know how long it takes to calibrate the ESC?
And is it relevant to minimize vibrations?

Chris

EDIT:

The results of my calibration test:

TheBone

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:13 pm

Hi Chris,

Be shure to change your max current to something suitible! It's 0.0 in your screenshot --> no current limit --> you will burn your motor fast and easy! Missed it once when calibrating a T-Motor; luckily that one could take quite a punch. It got that hot I burned my finger when touching it!
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby TheBone » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:29 am

Here ist my Video of both calibration Runs:
Attachments
esc32_calibration_results.txt
Calibrration data
(895 Bytes) Downloaded 750 times
TheBone

Next

Return to ESC32