[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - SDIO WRITE error != SD_OK

SDIO WRITE error != SD_OK

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: SDIO WRITE error != SD_OK

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:45 pm

Hi,

Go to www.sdcard.org, click downloads and get the SD Formatter 4.0.

Format your card with the tool and check again.
Also check the card slot itself.

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Jenne » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:14 pm

Hi,

thanks for your comments, but cleaning the card holder is a bit complicated, since it is almost completely closed. I tried it, but I don't think, this was very successfull.

today, I bought 2 additional SD cards, but I still have the SDIO error.
Now, I tested the following cards:
- Samsung Pro 8GB
- Transcend Premium 300x 8GB
- SanDisk Extreme 16GB (no "Plus", I couldn't get a 8GB card)

the Cards were formatted to FAT32, I also tested the SanDisk Card with 4GB Fat16.
Are these cards still not suitable?

Jens
Jenne

Postby Jenne » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:16 pm

Hi,

I used the SDformatter-tool to format the cards.
I still have the SDIO-error message :-(

And when I try to write to th card I get the following:
(MAV 098) FAILURE: Temporarily rejected CMD: 245
(MAV 098) config: Error writing parameters to file.

Concerning the check of the card-holder. What can I do?. For me, it looks fine (no broken or deformed contacts, I know the "bending-mod").

Is there something else I can do?

Thanks for helping,
Jens
Jenne

Postby Jenne » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:50 am

Hi,

I ordered an additional 8GB Extreme Pro and I will get it next week. However, I don't think this will solve my problem.

I guess, my AQ is broken. Nevertheless, I would be happy if somebody could give me any additional information or help concerning this error. For example, I would like to know if this is an already known problem? Can it be repared or is the AQ waste?

Thanks from a very dissapointed newbe,
Jens
Jenne

Postby bn999 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:02 pm

If all cards you try exhibit the same behavior, then I would guess that there is something wrong with your AQ board. The SDIO (uSD) interface is very simple and has no active parts so it could only be the uSD card holder, the MCU or the wiring (perhaps solder bridge) in between. If you have a magnifying glass, take a close look at the MCU's pins and look for a solder bridge between any of its pins. If there are none, then I'd next try replacing the uSD cage - not a job for an inexperienced solderer. If that does not work, then it has to be the MCU - but that is unlikely.
bn999

Postby JussiH » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:00 pm

You can send the board into here and I will take a look and repair it. If it was bought recently from a official dealer, then a uSD failure is covered by warranty. Send me a PM to get a RMA case going.

Jussi
JussiH

Postby Jenne » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:12 pm

JussiH and bn999,

thanks for your answers.
It gets even worse now. Now, only the red LED is still on. The others has gone and I cannot connect to the computer. What do you think. Can I try to flash it again.

Yes, I think I have to give the board to someone for repair. I bought the AQ last week here in the forum thus I don't have a dealer. Main reason to buy a used one was that I wanted to have the DIMU already installed, the pins connected and the firmware flashed.

I will be gone for the next 2 days, but I will contact you afterwards.

Jens
Jenne

Postby JussiH » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:15 pm

Of course buying a used and retrofitted board from someone you dont know, is gonna run you the risk of problems like this.

However, in normal cases, your problem should be very repairable and I am willing to take a look at it and give you a repair quote on it. If its only the SD slot, then its not a big deal to repair or replace and it wont cost much.
JussiH

Postby DUKE40 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:48 am

Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby JussiH » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:41 am

I fixed your board.

The problem was very likey due a badly soldered DIMU and possibly also a cold joint or hairline short on the main MCU.

The board now works properly after cleaning and reflowing of solder joints on the DIMU and Main MCU.

The repair is free of charge. But I´ll ask you to pay return shipping on it. Send me a PM!

Jussi
JussiH

PreviousNext

Return to Connections