[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Autoquad 6 Q&A

Autoquad 6 Q&A

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Autoquad 6 Q&A

Postby DUKE40 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi Crizz,

using Tare and Magnetic on Board calibration, no calculation is needed, only the steps described in this page:
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/autoquad- ... libration/

concerning the ESC calibration, the result depends on the Motors and the props to be used, so only providing the Motors to be used, I do not think people will be able to provide you the right parameters if already available.
So provide the props you will be using as well, so the right calibrtaion results can be provided if someone already did the calibration for this combination.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby Crizz » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:18 pm

okay Duke, thx alot !
Crizz

Postby chschmid » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:14 pm

I have data for the Tiger 12x4 @ 4s on that Motor.
chschmid

Autoquad 6 Q&A

Postby Luxar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:16 am

Is it normal when the receiver receives a signal, the debug LED lights constantly?
If I disconnected the transmitter the debug LED goes on the usual flickering...

I use FW v429 and PPM Rx
Greetings from Germany - Ralf
Luxar

Postby kinderkram » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:13 am

kinderkram

Postby Luxar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:20 am

Ok,thanks !
Greetings from Germany - Ralf
Luxar

Postby whizz101 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:30 pm

Hello everyone.

This is my first post here on the AQ forum. I wish it was about something more interesting than motor sync problems!

I am based in the french alps and have been flying drones for the last few years. Last year i worked with redbull (Only minor student events), O'neill (https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... =2&theater) and helped a Local production team who have just released a freestlye ski film,().

This summer i was in the processes of starting an official drone operation.I have some interesting jobs lined up for winter including a trip to china. I completed the first section of my BNUC licence and have completed my ops manual. Unfortunately in mid September my Zero Uav Flight controllers failed and had to be returned to china. This was the start of a long and horrible experience where they in fact sent it back to be after a month only to discover that they had not repaired it, and now they are in china again. The customer service was terrible and they have told me countless lies. Hence i decided that i could not use Zero uav anymore. No way could i rely on them in the future.

This lead me Back to Autoquad.

Well after waiting days for the rain to stop, i finally got to maiden my AQ6 today. Unfortunately things did not go well. Although nothing was broken, so lucky in that respect.

She rose gracefully off the ground, super smooth. Then after about 2 seconds fell to the ground. Looked like one motor stopped. That sinking felling of knowing instead of flying...you got problems solve.

I tested the motors after the crash and all seemed ok. However since retuning home i strapped my craft down and did some motor testing with the props on. This has revealed a problem. I think this is what is known as losing sync, but I'm not sure as i have not had this problem before. I am using new TBS LongRange 400kvmotors, and TBS Long range ESC, sold together as a set with the recommended t-motor 15" props.
When i do a few rapid changes in throttle then i can quite often get several motors to sort of stop for half a second before resuming normal speed. looks like they are loosing sync.
I find this strange as the esc and motors are sold together. Not only that, it seems like many people are using them without problem. With my other esc's there is the option of adjusting the timing to help with sync but not with these. Which leads me to thinking that it is an issue with AQ or at least my settings.

I have seen the ecs settings section in QGC. But i am a bit confused. Before i connect my AQ there are 3 options for esc settings, arm, starting, max. Once i connect a forth appears, Min.
However, It appears that the min and starting do the same thing. I don't think that these settings are going to help with my sync issue, but as i said, lots' of people are using this combo of motor esc with out problem. Should i set up the esc setting's in QGC to match my transmitter output. For example i know that my tx is outputting 1030us for throttle on min, and yet i have my min setting in AQ at 975us.!

I have attached the Log from my maiden flight. Looking at the motor outputs, i'm using ports 7,8,11,12. They look very erratic, in fact looking at them you can see why i might be loosing sync. But i don't have much to compare to as this was my first flight.
As i have already mentioned, i'm up against a wall and pulling my hair out. I have some good opportunities coming this winter, but they all hang on me having my BNUC licence and insurance. And for various reasons it seems like every things against me. I really needed my maiden flights to go to plan so i could get back to the uk and finish my licence. I knew when i chose AQ6 that i was perhaps taking the more difficult route than say DJI, but i was seduced by AQ performance and up-and-coming additions.
Any help or advise would be great. I would love to convert to es32 but alas i run on 6cell. Waiting for esc32 v3 is not an option as i am halfway through my BNUC and need to get it finished asap!
I'm sorry for such a long post but i wanted to introduce myself and give a bit of background to my situation.

I will summarise my questions:
1. What do the four settings in QGC for esc settings pertain to; Arm- must be the pmw sent once armed. Min- i guess the lowest pww sent after arming. Starting- I guess this is the first step sent above min, at which the props should start. Max- obviously the max pmw sent at max power.?? Is this correct, and why don't we just have armed and max?
2. What is the recommended way to calibrate esc's. Currently i power the AQ without the esc powered. Then i tare the IMU, then arm and go to max throttle. At this point i power the esc's and drop the throttle to min.
3. I changed my recoms so i could go to 6cells. Changing the parts was easy and went without a hitch. Is it possible i damaged something that would be causing these problems.(seems unlikely)
4. Is There a setting in the PID section that will allow me to smooth out a little the outputs to the motors? And is this a good idea?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Tristan
Attachments
004-AQL.LOG
(4.13 MiB) Downloaded 997 times
Last edited by whizz101 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
whizz101

Postby LPR » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:31 pm

Tristan

Welcome to the AQ forum. Many of us have had motor sink problems. The AQ board may be a little of the cause because it's trying so hard to to control a multicopter very well. If the motor, prop and battery voltage combination is pushing it's limits then it will show up using the AQ controller.

There are a few ways to fix your sink problem.

1. Try using lower voltage batteries.

2. Use smaller props

3. Try different ESC

4. In the near future Autoquad will have ESC32 V3 available that will do a great job controlling motors with up to 8s lipos.

Using a different autopilot may reduce how often your motors loose sink but usually not eliminate the problem.

Larry
LPR

Postby phynix » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:57 am

I agree, it realy sounds lika a problem of the combination of esc-motor-prop. I would test this isolated from the AQ by applying fast (!) throttle changes (e.g. by the use of a switch on the RC). The AQ applies fast throttle changes to the esc, maybe faster than other FC. But as faster the motors react - the more stable the Copter ... So it must not be possible to force the esc to loose sync by certain inputs!
phynix

Postby whizz101 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi guys, thanks for your advise.

I have some Hobby king F40 esc's with simon k which i'm gonna try today, fingers crossed!
whizz101

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller