[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Autoquad 6 Q&A

Autoquad 6 Q&A

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Autoquad 6 Q&A

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:50 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Crizz » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:32 pm

tryed it - got message : "failed to get init ACK from device" :evil: :evil: :evil:

Tryed with v1.3 and 1.5r6, both the same, with rx/tx only and with CTS - same game
Crizz

Postby Crizz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:14 am

checked if it would work with FTDI-UART, but same result. What made me wonder : i get echo that port-configuration is 115200 8E1 - why "E" ? Is this correct, or where can i change configuration to 8n1 ?

Or maybe i should try to access the ESC32 at command prompt. This all is realy crazy...
Crizz

Postby Crizz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:33 pm

GOTCHA !! Finally i figured what´s going wrong. In case of my ESC32, the Boot-Pins MUST be closed during complete flashing process. Only shorten during power-up isnt enough, ESC initializes with first sync and falls back to normal mode if jumper is left open after starting in boot-mode.

And : even with FTDI its possible to flash the ESC - only configuration doesnt work, guess because of the needed speed of 230 kBaud, but this doesnt matter, i´ll use the Silabs UART for setting params, works fine.

So maybe this could be worth as an remark in manual of ESC32 that if flashing is aborted with "..failed to get init ACK from device"-message to keep the boot-pins shortened during process is completet and message "device rebootet" occurs.

Are there several hardware-revises from ESC32, so that older ones need that procedere like mine ? Can´t hardly believe its only caused by 1.4.x firmware....
Crizz

Postby kinderkram » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Good onya!

I´ve added your hint to the Wiki: http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/esc32/esc ... oot-jumper

Thx,

Norbert
kinderkram

Postby bn999 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:13 pm

Can't say what's going on in your case, but the BOOT0 pin does not need to be kept shorted during the flashing process. Only needed during power on reset.
bn999

Postby kinderkram » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:46 pm

kinderkram

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi Crizz,
glad you got it!
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Crizz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:22 pm

was sort of pain in the neck, but glad i found it now. Guess it´s no failure keeping the information in the manual, as even it may only affects a small qty. of the ESC32, but will help other users at the same problem. Thanks for adding, guys ! :)

Got the last 4 ESC done w/o further problems, now its time to update AQ to the latest version with DIMU and complete the x8 - i´m already excited :)
Crizz

Postby Crizz » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:21 pm

I hope this is going nearly the last question for a longer time, my x8 w/ AQ6 is almost made up now.

Now the following problem to me :

I did the static calibration ( freezing of FC ) and saved the files. I haven´t done the Calibso because i added the DIMU and want to use it simply by TARE at first, maybe "dance" later to improve if needed.

So how do i act next ? Doint the TARE procedure ( /final-setup/ ) and then calculation, or calculation first, or is no calculation needed with DIMU and TARE only is required ?

How about ESC-calibration ? Do i do this as last of all steps, or should it be done before running calculations (if needed, anyway) ?

Maybe anybody is already running my T-Motors and can share his calibration file, so i could skip it and load the cal.params ?
( T-Motors MN3508-16 , Navigator-Series, 700 k/V )

I´m already very excited, seems maiden-flight will be in sight, soon :)

(at this time : thx for all the help and patience with me, folks - you are great ! )
Crizz

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller