[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Autoquad 6 Q&A

Autoquad 6 Q&A

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Autoquad 6 Q&A

Postby Crizz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:59 pm

@Larry : like i wrote at last, connecting the AQ isnt the problem anymore - to power it by external battery is clear, havent tried any other way, and accessing AQ is okay now. The final problem is accessing the ESC32. And they are okay, tried with a servo-tester, and they spin the motors up very fine, so there must be any kind of interface-problem here. But will get continue chasing it :)
Crizz

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:27 am

Attachments
SANY0273.JPG
The cable is made of jumper wires.
SANY0272.JPG
Close-Up of the Flyduino USB-UART: all logic signals come from the AQ6 connector; 5V comes from the MultiWii interface.
SANY0271.JPG
ESC32 jumpered to V5. The spektrum sat cable is a CAN connection with the yellow wire soldered to the 5V pin of the UART interface.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Crizz » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:56 am

thx @ Joerg, i already tried it with this wiring, my ESC32 also set to V5 and with 3.3V-mode red LED stays "off", so this indicated me early that i need the 5V wire instead of 3.3V

But will try today again with different settings and see if i will have any success, maybe i try at first with QGC 1.21
Crizz

Postby DUKE40 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:10 am

Hi Crizz,

what do you mean with settings? For connecting to the ESC from QGC there are no settings beside the connection speed which should be 230k.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby Crizz » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:47 am

okay guys, update :

big step for me, small step for mankind - i can access the ESC32 now by 4-wire connect via Silabs UART in 5 V mode, but only with QGC 1.3

Can see FW-version and parameters - but cant flash new firmware. The left windows where to select either AQ or ESC-FW etc. only allow speed up to 115 kBaud. Guess thats the problem why i get errormessages when trying to flash.
So, is it possible to set the ESC32-baudrate down to 115 k, store, re-connect with 115k in flash-window to update and restore ESC-baudrate back to 230 kBaud after all ?

Have not tested yet, guess its better to ask for it than producing new problems on my own... ;)
Crizz

Postby DUKE40 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi Crizz,

I was able to flash with speed 115k in the firmware flash window, without prior changes to the settings of the ESC32.
I am not sure if it is necessary to change it, or if this is something linked to the version of QGC you are using.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby Crizz » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:40 pm

this i already tried w/o success, Duke. Is CTS-wire needed for flash ? I have only tried with 4-wire-connection
Crizz

Postby DUKE40 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:57 pm

I flashed with 4 wire connection, so without CTS, but this was using QGC1.5, so in your case it might be different again.
Which version of the firmware is on the ESC?
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi,

just flashed 4 pieces ESC32 (bought 2 weeks ago from flyduino; only soldered the UART headerpins and closed V5 Jumper) with QGC 1.5A6 on a Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, using a flyduino USB-UART (CP2102) and the cable shown above.

All 4 ESC32 could be flashed without Problems (to r57). Uploading new Parameter files works fine too.
qgc15a6.PNG

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Crizz » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:18 pm

maybe mine are too old. FW is 1.4.5082

Establishing connect under 1.5r6 says FA: unknown or No ESC32 , depending on the chosen serial speed ( tried 115 kBaud instead of 230 kBaud just to see if there is any difference).

MAybe its "user-error" only, i´m a little confused by all the different "connection" modes. In the right window for ESC32 data is a connect field, in the flash-windows is one, and even in communication a connect can be added. I treid almost all variants but none worked, only got different error-messages like "...missing ACK..." ... "ESC32 not in boot mode already"... "STM32 failed to connect to COM..." and some more.

Boot-pads were closed during startup (by a tweezer) and then left opened, when i connect in normal mode the actual firmware is shown, when connecting in boot mode nothing is shown.

Even tried QGC 1.21 but this is the same like 1.5r6 - no way to establish connection to ESC32. This is very strange... so i guess maybe its just me doing any step wrong ?
Crizz

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller