[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - seeking help...esc disarmed without control

seeking help...esc disarmed without control

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Re: seeking help...esc disarmed without control

Postby bluuu » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:38 am

CKW: are you using PWM or CAN signal ?
bluuu

Postby ckw » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:29 am

ckw

Postby LPR » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:57 am

CKW

I have 9 T-Motor MN4014-11 KV330 motors and some ESC32. My octo is now flying with 6 SimonK ESC and 2 ESC32. To my surprise it flies quite well.

As soon as the ESC32 V3 are available I will change all the ESCs and use 6s instead of the 4s lipos I now use.

The ESC32 with default setting do run my 4014-11 but have a difficult time starting the motor with my 17 x 5.5 T-Motor prop. I'll try advancing the timing and see if that helps with starting.

What prop are you using?

You do not connect the PWM wires while doing calibration.

Larry
LPR

Postby ckw » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:35 pm

ckw

Postby LPR » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:45 am

CKW

1."The ESC32 with default setting do run my 4014-11"... Does "default setting" means you don't need to alter any parameters? So I can run the 4014-11 without doing calibration?

You do not need to calibrate the ESC32 for many motors but to get the best performance of motors calibration is necessary. I'm using the ESC32 without calibration or parameter changes.
The 4014 are hard to start but run well with defaults.

2. Do you have any idea about my condition? Running about 2.5 seconds then disarms. I don't think it is the matter of battery because both 3s and 6s get the same result.

Try changing timing to get better starts.

3. I soldered TX RX 5V GND of the 6 pins UART, leaving the other two alone. So there are no headers for those two pins and they are not connected into the UART-USB adapter. Is it OK?

You only need the four wire connected.

Larry
LPR

Postby ckw » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:44 am

Hi guys,

I tried another ESC and it works very well now.

Thank you all for providing suggestions and sharing your experience.

Cheers
CKW
ckw

Previous

Return to ESC32