[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - onboard magnetic calibration successful?

onboard magnetic calibration successful?

Info & Discussions about good ole AQ6, taken to the next level.

Re: onboard magnetic calibration successful?

Postby LPR » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:33 pm

The mag calibration has work well for me thou it takes a while to get the blue LED to go off, maybe a minuet or two of extra rotating of the multicopter.
When the blue LED goes off the green LED will start to blink and you will be ready to arm and fly.

Larry
LPR

Postby DUKE40 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Hi Larry,

for me, the blue LED did not stop blinking, did not went solid even after almost five minutes of rotating the copter on all axes.
The green LED started blinking again, as if either the copter was telling me that it is disarmed.
Maybe I have overseen the blue LED going solid. This might be the explanation.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby kinderkram » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:28 pm

kinderkram

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:36 pm

I think my problem is most probably due to vibrations.
I have checked and it makes no sense to try to balance the props as the hoel is too large for the motor shaft, about 0.5-1 mm too large. I have no adapter for those props exactly matching the diameter of my motor shaft, so I will always have a problem getting the props correctly centered on the shaft.
I am now looking for T-Motor props with 10", but it seems there are none in whole Germany, everywhere they are sold out 10x4.5 and 10x3.3.
I have already tested 10x5.5, but they are too much for my T-Motor MT2216-11. So stil on the lookout. Till I have found good props my AQ will remain grounded, I do not want to risk again a crash like the last one.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby JussiH » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:03 pm

JussiH

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:57 pm

Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby JussiH » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:06 pm

I have flown both 11*5 eprop and 1045 on those motors with good results. The 11*5 is a very good match, since its a faster prop than a SF type - so it runs a little faster and generates a little more lift.

Its not the best effiency but the 11*5 eprops is one of the smoothest setups for that size motor. You get a very agile and windresistant craft with them.

The 1045´s should fit with the correct adapter ring.
JussiH

Postby leopold1 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:05 pm

I'm flying the APC SF10x4,7 on that motor and it flies great.
leopold1

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:32 pm

Again try to make the maiden flight with E-Props 10x5, everything balanced, looked like the vibrations are gone, but still not possible to takeoff.
When starting the motors everything looks fine, giving more throttle seems to be OK till short berfore it gets airborne, suddenly on one side the motors start spin up more faster and the Quad starts to flip to one side. It is not always the same side, it varies from left to right and back, so I would say it seems not to be a problem of wrong calibration of the ESCs, but something else.
I noticed something else, when switching to PH, the motors do not spin with enough power to hover, in fact it seems they are spinning with only a little bit more power than the lowest throttle, even if the throttle stick is at the maximum, switching back to manual, the motors spin again to the expect RPM.
I use AQ with DIMU, only TARE and onboard magnetic calibration were done. FW is I think r397 with native HoTT.
By the way the ESC are SimonK ESCs, so no throttle way learning necessary.
Attached the log of my takeoff attempts this afternoon. I had to clip some seconds at the beginning and the end to match the 5MB limit:
060-AQL.LOG.zip
AQ Log
(4.79 MiB) Downloaded 1002 times

Maybe someone can detect the reason for the flip attempts.

I am currently loosing my confidence in the quadrocopter, the previous setup wihtout DIMU worked perfectly till it crashed due to too strong wind gusts which caused the quad to flip head first and perform two saltos before landing head down and breaking the AQ.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby LPR » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:30 am

Duke

The two new boards I have with DIMU have worked very well. They were extremely easy to get flying. There must be something wrong with your setup.
I know how easy it is to have a simple mistake make a quad not fly.

Larry
LPR

PreviousNext

Return to AQ6 +DIMU +CAN