[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - CAN conexions

CAN conexions

Info & Discussions about good ole AQ6, taken to the next level.

CAN conexions

Postby afernan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:21 pm

UPDATE:
SOLVED. Was my bad: a wrong mix in my Tx that created an extrange behaviour. All the procedure described below is correct. I leave it for interest to others.

I´m testing for first time CAN with the new ESC32 (version "ESC32v20r49") and DIMU v1.1

The connection done is shown in the figure below. I´ve set ESC32 to ESC_ID =1.I´ve asigned MOT_CAN = 1 in QGC parameters page and the mixing table on Motor A, ID=1, Thrust = 100, P,R,Y = 0. Comunication console has show
"ESC32: CAN ID: 1, ver: 2.0.0 "

Working well
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (25.58 KiB) Viewed 13187 times
Last edited by afernan on Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
afernan

Re: CAN conexions

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:36 pm

Jdmagoo

Postby afernan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:19 am

@James, thanks for your help.

I´ll try r54. I´ve compiled it using Makefile (attached the hex). There is already a Makefile prepared for that (Thanks for that, very useful!). The use is similar to AQ fw. In summary:
1.- Download r54 from repo. Copy STM32 library folders: “STM32” y “STM32F4xx_DSP_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.3.0” at same level of "/onboard"
2.- Change your compiler path in "makefile", line 64 . In my case is "CC_PATH ?= C:\CW"
3.- Open a CMD (Windows command prompt) starting in folder /onboard and run: "MAKE ALL". You´ll get the hex under "build" folder

Anyway, did you (or anyone) get ESC32 running properly using CAN?

Angel
Attachments
ESC32_r54.zip
(62.73 KiB) Downloaded 680 times
afernan

Postby Jdmagoo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:29 am

Jdmagoo

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:15 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Jdmagoo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:31 am

Another note as well Angel, is Im using Mennos custom Firmware for the Hott telemetry which is based on R380. What FC firmware are you using?
Jdmagoo

Postby afernan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:27 pm

I´m using AQ r372.

About impedance, I´m using the R120 Ohm sugested in between both lines H-L (see drawing above). Is that correct?. Can I measure the impedance simply with the Resistance measurement of the tester machine?.

Angel
afernan

Postby bn999 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:34 pm

Angel - can you describe or show a video of the behavior that seems incorrect?

With CAN, you either have an open channel or you do not. The fact that the FC reports connecting with ESC ID # 1, means that your CAN bus is likely ok.

Also, as CAN support has been refined over time, I'd recommend going with the latest firmware revision - rev 381. I've got a fair bit of time on it in the air using CAN & DIMU so you won't be the first.
bn999

Postby Jdmagoo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:21 pm

Jdmagoo

Postby afernan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:16 pm

SOLVED

Was my bad: a wrong mix in Tx that created that extrange behaviour.

@jdmagoo: thanks for your test. I measured the impedance and was 60 Ohms. I use only one R = 120 Ohms (as in scheme).

I´m using r54 on ESC32 (the one attached above).

Angel
afernan

Return to AQ6 +DIMU +CAN