[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - HEXA MONOBLOCK 814 retractable legs

HEXA MONOBLOCK 814 retractable legs

Show us your flight videos and pictures of your aircrafts

Re: HEXA MONOBLOCK 814 retractable legs

Postby afernan » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:37 pm

Yet another flight test demo video:

http://youtu.be/bYdRJ63yh9A

Enjoy
Last edited by afernan on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
afernan

Postby kinderkram » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:21 pm

Looking very good,Angel!
The retracts run smooth and the Hexa is keeping the altitude very well.

btw: don´t forget to also upload your videos to Youtube, please.
kinderkram

Postby Jdmagoo » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:59 pm

That is awesome performance angel especially without the DIMU, when will you fit that?

Also, what brand of battery are you running? 20mins is great with those motors I can only achieve around 10 - 12mins but my frame weighs 3kgs and I need to change my props to yours.

Any news on how others have gone with your design, you did mention a company in Spain will produce all the parts but does that also include the CF plate?

Can't wait to watch another video this is so well designed
Jdmagoo

Postby afernan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:30 pm

I´m using Turnigy Nanotech 5000mA, 50c (523g, 38€)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=37497

This is the best quality/price I´ve found in my experience. Loading charge measured is 5300mA!. The most important is the "50c" in order to get long runs. A drawback is the "Nanotech", that usually has shorter life than "lipoly" classical. I´m testing a couple of this batteries and after 5 loads, charge droped only to 5200mA: very good for the moment.

I´ve installed already 3xDIMU´s in my 3xboards. Having an even better altitude control, mainly in ALT_HOLD. Anyway altitude with AIMU was already very good in this HEXA. Main reason I guess is the "ultra low" vibrations onboard.

There are several copters under constructions now, some of them already finished. Still wayting the spanish 3DPrint supplier feedback (I fear he underestimated the quantity of work vs price). Lets see...

About central plates is much easy to get. We have several suppliers working well.
Last edited by afernan on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
afernan

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:44 pm

Wait till you have some double digit cycles on those nano packs. I'm totally done with nano. Totally migrated to zippy flightmax and I've found the so much better in higher cycles and thus price/performance. My nano's did not last half a season and zippy 1 - 1.5 season
Also on my club almost everyone has stopped with the nano's, only the 65c are in use..
joebar.rc

Postby edge0xc » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

those retracts are looking really nice. do you think they would work on a 4kg copter?

Cheers,

Alex
edge0xc

Postby afernan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:22 am

@Alex:

Yes, I´m sure. RcTimer set the retractable servo for 5Kg, and they looks really strong. Obviously it will depend on how hard you land.
I´m using it quite a long time without a problem

Angel
afernan

Postby edge0xc » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:19 pm

okay, thank you :)
edge0xc

Postby tinkerhaus » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:55 am

tinkerhaus

Postby kinderkram » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:44 am

Hola Juan and welcome to the AQ Forums!

Due to our anti-spam measurements you will need another post to be able to send PMs. ;)

Norbert
kinderkram

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Media Showcase