[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AutoQuad & Spektrum telemetry

AutoQuad & Spektrum telemetry

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: AutoQuad & Spektrum telemetry

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi Menno,

was out of the house doing some 'brain surgery'. Here are some pictures of the GPS testing:
SANY0110.JPG
Test setup: DX10T bound to CamCruiser (AR9020 + TM1000); DX8 bound to AR1000 + TM1000 + Spektrum GPS (badly visible on right side of picture).
The green PCB seen in the copter is a microWii prototype --> my Mav2Telem bridge based on ATmega32U4

SANY0107.JPG
DX8 and DX10T side by side

SANY0108.JPG
DX8 = Spektrum GPS sensor data

SANY0109.JPG
DX10T = decoded AQ6 mavlink data

Here's what I see:
- Time is missing (need to look at the sketch if it's actually transmitted)
- No of sats stays at 99 --> do you use hAcc here or is it unprocessed data?
- Height is not displayed at all
- Heading is working
- Distance seems to be o.K. since I moved the test-setup from my office to the outside of the house

Will now make some XBUS sniffs and see what's going on!

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi Joerg,

TIme is transmitted, but as you notice it doesnt show up, that is also with height therefor I think something is wrong during the transmitting. Hope you can see the actual data with the i2c sniffer to see where it ends up..

Yes, I use hAcc, but because there is only 9 digits on the display it is a constrain until it dropped below the 99cm horizontal error..
joebar.rc

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:38 am

Hi Menno,

made some XBUS sniffs (AQ6) this morning.
GPS data types are:
Data type = 0x16 GPS Sensor (always second GPS packet)

0[00] 22(0x16)
1[01] 00
2[02] Altitude LSB (Decimal) //In 0.1m
3[03] Altitude MSB (Decimal) //Altitude = Altitude(0x17) * 10000 + Value (in 0.1m)
4[04] 1/100th of a degree second latitude (Decimal) (XX YY.SSSS)
5[05] degree seconds latitude (Decimal)
6[06] degree minutes latitude (Decimal)
7[07] degrees latitude (Decimal)
8[08] 1/100th of a degree second longitude (Decimal) (XX YY.SSSS)
9[09] degree seconds longitude (Decimal)
10[0A] degree minutes longitude (Decimal)
11[0B] degrees longitude (Decimal)
12[0C] Heading LSB (Decimal)
13[0D] Heading MSB (Decimal) Divide by 10 for Degrees
14[0E] Unknown (Decimal)
15[0F] First bit for latitude: 1=N(+), 0=S(-);
Second bit for longitude: 1=E(+), 0=W(-);
Third bit for longitude over 99 degrees: 1=+-100 degrees

Data type = 0x17 GPS Sensor (always first GPS packet)

0[00] 23(0x17)
1[01] 00
2[02] Speed LSB (Decimal)
3[03] Speed MSB (Decimal) Divide by 10 for Knots. Multiply by 0.185 for Kph and 0.115 for Mph
4[04] UTC Time LSB (Decimal) 1/100th sec. (HH:MM:SS.SS)
5[05] UTC Time (Decimal) = SS
6[06] UTC Time (Decimal) = MM
7[07] UTC Time MSB (Decimal) = HH
8[08] Number of Sats (Decimal)
9[09] Altitude in 1000m (Decimal)
10[0A]-15[0F] Unused (But contains Data left in buffer)

Both packages were transmitted on the XBUS, but type 17 doesn’t contain any data other dan [08] = No of sats = hAcc.
type16.jpg
GPS type 16

type17.jpg
GPS type 17

I've attached the result of my third XBUS sniff; it is a Saleae Logic file --> you can access this data by downloading and installing the Logic software (https://www.saleae.com/downloads). Than, click on OPTIONS-->OPEN SESSION and open the file attached. Will show you some XBUS communication.

Will now did into the sources to see what's going on.
Joerg
Attachments
tm1000-AQ6_third sniff.logicdata.zip
(2.25 MiB) Downloaded 1135 times
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Hi,

assembled the first of my Mav2Telem/CAN/LED/DC-DC boards and started testing it. At least the three DC/DC circuits were tested successfully.
Input voltage range tests were conducted up to 30V (limit of my laboratory power supply); max. Vin for the circuitry is 42V!

More info to follow!
Joerg

SANY0127.JPG
Top view

SANY0128.JPG
Bottom view
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:45 am

Hi,

added the board to my shared OshPark Projects http://oshpark.com/shared_projects/w3HX6HVF

thumb_top.png
TOP of CAN_LED-0r2
thumb_top.png (57.74 KiB) Viewed 26746 times

thumb_bottom.png
BOT of CAN_LED-0r2
thumb_bottom.png (64.33 KiB) Viewed 26746 times

Here is the schematic:
CAN_LED-0r2.pdf
Schematic of CAN_LED-0r2
(238.2 KiB) Downloaded 1370 times

And here's the BOM and all related info (incl. Schematic):
CAN_LED-0r2_Docu.pdf
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 1619 times
Last edited by aBUGSworstnightmare on Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Jdmagoo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:41 am

Jdmagoo

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:53 am

Can anyone of you announce progress?

Menno: would you mind to post your recent code (and maybe a brief how-to) for others who want to test?

Thx in advance.
kinderkram

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:38 am

Sure, will do.
Status.. Working with arduino except for the altitude in the gps screen. The arduino losing data simple due to limited resources. Strangely enough that is effecting the gps altitude. In the normal,altitude screen it is correct.

Am working on a version for AQ or maybe an alternative but can't give any time estimates on that part..

So, will upload later..
joebar.rc

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi,

as Menno already mentioned there's still an issue with the GPS height.
While testing/working on the software I also discovered a workaround for the GPS height which is working in my current configuration:
1. Power on TX
2. Power on AQ and the Mav2Telem board
3. Wait for a GPS fix --> GPS height field is empty for me
4. Power-Cycle the TX --> AQ is disarmed on the ground --> unusual but shouldn't be a problem
5. Verify GPS height --> displayed correctly from this point

I've started working on a more advanced solution for replacing the Arduino on my Mav2Telem-board too (PCB were on their way). But far too early for publishing details.

And: A big THANKS to Menno!

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby chschmid » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:28 pm

Cool guys.
I am keen to hear more on that.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

PreviousNext

Return to Connections