[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - DIMU calibration

DIMU calibration

Info & Discussions about good ole AQ6, taken to the next level.

Re: DIMU calibration

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:05 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby chschmid » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:11 am

Morning Joerg

Check if the LOG_VOLTAGE0 to X are the same or not.
These are the raw values from the sensors anr they are used for the cal process.

#define ADC_VOLTS_RATEX 0
#define ADC_VOLTS_RATEY 1
#define ADC_VOLTS_RATEZ 2
#define ADC_VOLTS_MAGX 3
#define ADC_VOLTS_MAGY 4
#define ADC_VOLTS_MAGZ 5
#define ADC_VOLTS_TEMP1 6
#define ADC_VOLTS_VIN 7
#define ADC_VOLTS_ACCX 8
#define ADC_VOLTS_ACCY 9
#define ADC_VOLTS_ACCZ 10
#define ADC_VOLTS_PRES1 11
#define ADC_VOLTS_PRES2 12
#define ADC_VOLTS_TEMP2 13
#define ADC_VOLTS_TEMP3 14

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:32 am

Hi Christof,

as you can see from this screenshot LOG_VOLTAGE0 and LOG_IMU_RATEX were not the same.
logv0_imuratex.jpg
LOG_VOLTAGE0 vs. LOG_IMU_RATEX

So, how to proceed?

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby chschmid » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:31 am

Hi Joerg

As expected.
Your freeze is finished. Now dance and then calculate. I am just in the process and all goes well so far.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby HeliHenkie » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:22 pm

Hi all,

Just finished my static calibration run with the new DIMU board installed.
Before I install my board I'd like to check if the logged values are in the right range.
When verifying sensor voltages I see large deviations from the voltages mentioned in the WIKI.

Now my questions:

1. My assumption is that the sensor voltages acquired with the DIMU board differ from the AIMU board. It's a completely different chip set. Is my assumption right?
2. Can someone with a working/flying DIMU board post some pictures of the sensor voltages from the static calibration run for RATE, ACC and MAG, so it's possible to compare them with my values?

Best regards,

Jan Willem
The Netherlands
HeliHenkie

Postby teramax » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:34 pm

somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby HeliHenkie » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:47 pm

Max,

Thanks for your quick reply. Your data matches my data. Only the mag values differ a little bit, but that can be expected as you live in the other side of Europe.

How did you pass Step3: cal --mag.
In QGC this step starts with the following command:

"D:\qgroundcontrol_aq\aq\bin\cal.exe" -b --mag -p "D:\qgroundcontrol_aq\logfiles\dimu.params" "D:\qgroundcontrol_aq\logfiles\log april 2014\static_dimu_01.LOG" : "D:\qgroundcontrol_aq\logfiles\log april 2014\dynam_dimu_03.LOG"

And that returns with:

D:\qgroundcontrol_aq\aq\bin\cal.exe: invalid option -- b
cal: calOpts: error

The -b option is not recognized by the calibration program. This happens only with the DIMU checkbox checked. The cal procedure then starts running with a very large MAE and the the AVG climbs to about 1.72

What am I missing?

Best regards,

Jan Willem
The Netherlands
HeliHenkie

Postby 13brv3 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:56 pm

I'm right there with you Jan. Step 1 and 2 seem OK, but I can't get step 3 below about 0.48, and of course step 4 is right out. I've tried with and without the DIMU box checked, and I've danced until I was dizzy. Different versions of GCS don't seem to make any difference either.

Is anyone getting this to work normally?

Cheers,
Rusty
13brv3

Postby HeliHenkie » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:13 pm

Hi Rusty,

I've succesfully passed step3 with the help of this thread: .

I used the following commandline on my windows PC after replacing the cal and sim3 programs with the version in the above mentioned link:

cal -b --stop=500 --mag "static file name" : "dynamic file name" --params="parameter file name"

Now running step 4a.

Best regards,

Jan Willem
The Netherlands
HeliHenkie

Postby 13brv3 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi Jan,

Good to hear the issues are being identified. Hopefully a GCS version will be packaged in the near future that will have the correct files and settings for the DIMU. I can wait 8-)

Cheers,
Rusty
13brv3

PreviousNext

Return to AQ6 +DIMU +CAN