[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Problems saving settings to AQ - loads of error messages

Problems saving settings to AQ - loads of error messages

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Problems saving settings to AQ - loads of error messages

Postby hogster » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:06 pm

Hi everyone :)

I have what may well be some silly questions, but they've got me stumped ...

I've just finished wiring everything up to my AQ, and I've created my static calibration files. I want to check that my R/C commands are getting through to the AQ before I continue with the build / dynamic calibration etc.

So I've connected to the AQ by FTDI and I've got data going back and forth. Here's the first problem ...

Question 1
On the GCS software, it says the AutoQuad Firmware version is "v. [unknown]" ... which doesn't seem right. I've flashed it with v6.7 which is how I was able to create my static calibration files. Can I just ignore this problem?

Question 2
In the 'Radio & Controls' tab, I've set my radio type to 'S-BUS', and in the 'Mixing & Output' tab I've set the motor ports to the ports I'm using for the ESCs. However when I click 'Save Settings to AQ', it presents me with this!

That dialogue box is so long I can't get my mouse low enough to click on the Ignore button, so I can only hit the Enter key on my keyboard which effectively presses 'Cancel'.

What on earth are all those errors?! Is it not possible to do any of the radio / motor setup before completing the dynamic calibration and calculations?

Question 3
On a slightly different note, I notice the Wiki software screenshots don't match the GCS software I'm using on my Mac (v 1.3.0). Is the Wiki still awaiting an update? For example, the 'Engineer' tab doesn't exist in my version ...

Question 4
Why do I have three 'Unmanned Systems' showing up on the right? of the GCS They are MAV 001, MAV 220 and MAV 221 ... MAV 001 seems to be the one that relates to my system as it shows as 'ACTIVE' when the GCS is connected to the AQ.

Many thanks for your help and sorry for all the questions!

David :)
hogster

Re: Problems saving settings to AQ - loads of error messages

Postby hogster » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Hi chaps, sorry to pester, just wondering if anyone's got any thoughts about those error messages as I've reached a bit of a sticking point now.

Many thanks for all your help :)

David
hogster

Postby kinderkram » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:53 pm

Dear Mr. Hogster ;)

We are sad to hear of possible problems that might occur when using our products.
At certain stages of our project we need to rely on 3rd party implementations like operation systems, drivers and the like.

To regain everyones peace of mind we beg you to try a Microsoft* operation system just once. :lol:
We also advise you to follow our advices by performing the appropriate steps, e.g. resetting/repowering/rebooting the device after each change - but one after another.
If you want all at once you might end up w/ notten.

Best regards...

kinderkram

Postby Max » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:48 pm

Max

Postby hogster » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:19 am

Hi Max,

Thanks for the reply and for pointing me in the right direction. :)

I will try reinstalling the GCS software and then trying again. Those 3 MAVs have always been there since I first connected to the vehicle to flash my board with the latest firmware, and I did think it was rather odd ... but I then thought, meh, that must be normal :lol:

Thanks again and I will report back with my results!

David :)
hogster

Postby hogster » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:58 am

Hi Max,

Unfortunately a fresh install of the GCS software (v 1.3.0) leads to the same result of three MAVs being displayed when I connect to my AQ.

I've just flashed my AQ with the latest build of the DIMU firmware ... any ideas what else I could try? :(

Many thanks,

David
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 08.58.42.png
Multiple MAVs
Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 08.58.42.png (44.51 KiB) Viewed 14547 times
hogster

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:10 am

Hi David,

I'm using QGC V1.3.0 on Mac OS X 10.9.2; only one MAV is showing up.
screenshot.jpg
QGC V1.3.0 on OS X 10.9.2
I'm simply starting it from the DOWNLOAD folder; no installation needed

Be shure to look watch the discussions going on in the DIMU section: viewforum.php?f=42

I'm also unable to store parameters when using the DIMU firmware (tested several of the experimental versions). Peter (Sandman) confirmed the situation and is working on that topic. Don't know if it's a QGC or firmware issue!

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby hogster » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:48 am

Hi Joerg,

Thanks for your reply :)

It's really strange, I can't imagine what would be causing the GCS software to see more than one MAV ... This problem is also preventing me from saving any settings to the AQ (I just get all the error messages above) :(

I also start it straight from my Applications folder (where I drag it after unzipping it). I'm on 10.8.5 ...

Cheers,

David
hogster

Postby hogster » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:26 pm

Sorry I was being really silly ... I saw the 'Connect' button at the bottom right of the Communication Console and assumed that was the button for connecting to the AQ ... turns out that was starting a simulation!

GCS is working fine now and there's only one vehicle showing ... sorry for wasting your time guys! :oops:

David
hogster

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller