[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - new hardware revision autoquad?

new hardware revision autoquad?

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: new hardware revision autoquad?

Postby afernan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:12 am

@Jussi:

remember my board with damaged accelero you have since Hanover. Should be nice to have a DIMU inside.

Best

Angel
afernan

Postby JussiH » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:29 am

Angel,
Actually I have that board on the table now preparing to install one of the first protos... ;)

I know its been extremely long wait, but first I bodged the LDO enable :oops:, and then there was a miscom meaning a further delay on the production. Its the kinda s..t that just happens now and then when you do stuff like this halfway across the world.

With Chinese new year shutting down china from tomorrow, I think we realisticly will be around end of February before we have DIMU available for retail.
JussiH

Postby afernan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:14 pm

@Jussi:
thanks for your help. I´ll wait for some news from you
Angel
afernan

Postby ViennaTom » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 pm

hi guys,
i'm building a hexa and would like to use the AQ 6 controller as it seems to offer many requested features and is an open source project. of course i would also be interested in the CAN-interfacing and digital sensors and that seem to become available soon. but though i did a lot of soldering when i was younger and the chips were DIL i'm a bit afraid of soldering the headers to the controller board and would appreciate if i could order a controller with preassembled extension header regardless whether the DIMU board development was finished ot not. so is it possible to order an updated controller board or do i have to do the soldering in any case ?

Best Regards
Tom
ViennaTom

Postby 13brv3 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:09 pm

13brv3

Postby ViennaTom » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:35 pm

i never saw an answer to my simple question either :-)
i'm participating in some other platforms dealing with photography, electronics and car repair and it has never happened to me to be fully ignored :D - they could not even expect me to invest 500€ and still help and answers where provided immediately. somehow i fell in love with the open source idea of this project but i think i have to divorce and switch to a more professional solution - professional in terms of 'marketing' and support of the product.

ich kanns euch auch gerne auf deutsch übersetzen:
eigenartig, dass sich hier niemand meiner doch eher konkreten und einfach zu lösenden frage annimmt und ich bin von anderen foren eine bessere unterstützung bei fragen aller art gewohnt. und hier sollte ich ja immerhin rund 500€ in die hand nehmen um meinem hexacopter das fliegen zu lernen - aber vielleicht bleibt ihr lieber ein kleiner erlesener kreis ;-)

*wink*
ViennaTom

Postby kinderkram » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Tom, I know the wait is a pita.
But as Jussi already mentioned, Chinese New Year caused a delay of several weeks. And there´s only a handful of proto DIMUs in the hands of testers. Most of the team is waiting, too. ;)

To get a real comparison, someone would have to build a test bed with the production board and compare the live telemetry and/or logs of both the actual AIMU & DIMU (the latter had undergone a slight design change).

So we neither can offer a finished product atm nor can we offer an honest vibration comparison.

Auf Deutsch: das ist, was ich an dem Projekt am meisten hasse: die Warterei auf die Leckereien, während ich mit leerem Teller am Tisch hocke. Besonders, wenns aus der Küche schon so verlockend duftet! :lol:

Das Projekt setzt sich im übrigen aus freiwilligen Verrückten zusammen, die ihrem Robotikhobby frönen. Keiner kann es sich leisten, wg. überhastetem Design ein paar Tausender in den Sand zu setzen...
kinderkram

Postby 13brv3 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:37 pm

13brv3

Postby teramax » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:14 am

Tom i would mention that if you dont mind to read just a little and show the will to wait for an answer AQ might be not the right solution for ya.
You know we all here are just hobby people and no one gets payed or sees a penny for searching the forum commenting already answered questions.
Auf Deutsch: lass es, AQ ist und wird nie eine Plug n Play Lösung sein.
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby JussiH » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:13 am

To answer the question about vibration I would say that the DIMU feels about the same the AIMU in flight and has the same sensitivity to vibrations. I dont think its overall as bad as many people think.

But totally unscientific i can say that I had one copter that had the Z-acc saturation with AIMU. With DIMU it was still there, but not as pronounced and instead of gaining altitude rapidly it would make short bursts and recover. Still bad, but different...On that copter the cause was EPP0845 props that was grossly out of balance. Once replaced with HQP0850 problem went away completely for both IMU´s

DIMU offer options to explore the internal lowpass filtering, but as Norbert said there is only a handful of handbuilt DIMUs in existance at the moment and even team members are waiting for them, so focus has been on getting the basic stuff working and confirmed first. We have plans to test different settings and there is focus on tuning the UKF to handle vibrations and prevent runaways better, as soon as more people actually have them and we can do some broader testing.

But in the end the socalled "vibration sensitivity" in AQ comes down to the fact that at some certain amplitudes and frequencies the ACC data becomes corrupted by saturation and even though the UKF is very powerful, it just cant recreate data that is getting lost by saturation.

With a selfcorrecting filter, you simply need the input to be as clean as possible to acheive a solid estimation. This is absolutely no different than any other system out there - if data gets lost, the attitude and velocity estimations suffer and funny stuff begins to happen.

I will offer some fully assembled boards from Viacopter when the DIMU becomes available. We have done header assembly for custumers before and I will do it again if asked... :)
JussiH

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller