[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Menno´s Parade of AQ6 Extension Boards - CAN, Current, LEDs

Menno´s Parade of AQ6 Extension Boards - CAN, Current, LEDs

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Menno´s Parade of AQ6 Extension Boards - CAN, Current, LEDs

Postby kinderkram » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:40 pm

Since our Flying Dutchman is totally busy creating new boards every day it´s my task to inform the world about his new addiction. :lol:

http://oshpark.com/profiles/joebar

Note: this is just FYI, nothing really finished so far. There´s a bulk order in the planning and Yannick aka Yups will offer soldered boards in small amounts for resonable prices in the FPVC forum.
http://fpv-community.de/showthread.php? ... ll/page224

DIYers could start right away since the Eagle files are for download there and I attached the Boms.

Several bobs are in the making:

Currentsensor breakoutboard for ACS75x

Fits perfectly on an FCPHL Flyduino frame:

CurSens_on_FCP-XL.png
CurSens_on_FCP-XL.png (191.75 KiB) Viewed 18834 times

CANbus daughter board for those who only need the CAN

and more...

large_i.png
large_i.png (204.91 KiB) Viewed 18834 times

Dunno if I should have kept the latter one secret but it looks like Menno is going for the all-in-one sooperdooper AQ6 Xtension board. 8-)

2014 - what a year already!

Norbert
Attachments
BomBom.zip
(1.1 KiB) Downloaded 871 times
kinderkram

Re: Menno´s Parade of AQ6 Extension Boards - CAN, Current, L

Postby Jdmagoo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:50 pm

Awesome job Menno!!

Very very interested in the current sensor and the last one.

Can't wait to see these in action

Good job
Jdmagoo

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:44 pm

Hi Menno,

very nice boards! Well done!

Looks like you didn't alter the DRC settings since your vias were not covered by solderstop layer.

You can simply do this in the DRC settings. Go to the masks tab and set the limit to 13mil.

13mil is the smallest drill available at OSH park --> all 13mil holes will be covert with solderstop if you do so (reducing the danger of short circuits). Cream limit 25% results in a 25% smaller solder mask stencil opening (compared to the original pad size).
masks.jpg
OSHpark 'masks' settings for covered vias
masks.jpg (86.43 KiB) Viewed 18749 times

Check your gerbers to see the difference (find an GPS ground plane example below; all holes are 13mil vias).
gnns-seeker_bot.png
alls 13mil holes (vias on GPS ground plane) covered

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:54 am

Hi Joerg,

Long time no see, thanks for the useful comments, very helpful for beginners like me ;). I changed and uploaded boards.
I ordered all boards back in December to check the working, still somewhere in the mail unfortunately.
joebar.rc

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:16 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:25 pm

Hi Joerg,

Boards are shared on oshpark. (http://oshpark.com/profiles/joebar) And I got home this afternoon and look what I found..
(photo's little too dark, sorry)
2014-01-22 16.14.33.jpg

Very good quality.
Immediately assembling :). One mistake already: pinheader holes 0.1mm to narrow, easy fix and already fixed in the shared version.
This is an early version, in the later version I added another resistor type on request and some lines different.
Tomorrow CAN bus testing because I need to compile an AIMU version and have other evening plans..
P1000469.jpg
P1000469.jpg (161.66 KiB) Viewed 18684 times

P1000470.jpg
P1000470.jpg (327.92 KiB) Viewed 18684 times

2014-01-22 16.19.56.jpg
2014-01-22 16.19.56.jpg (219.07 KiB) Viewed 18684 times

So, hold on for a day or so...

Nice to see you back, there has been a lot of nice AQ project updates for you to enjoy. 2014 is going to be a great AQ year so you're back just in time ...

Menno
joebar.rc

Postby chschmid » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:44 pm

Yes!!!!

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:17 pm

Hi Menno,

boards are looking good! Hope you didn't pay 4/5 times the 3 board fee! Panalize such small boards next time and you only have to pay once (and still get 3 of each; or more if you place more of them on the panel).

Seems our boards were on the same large one! Also received the GPS board today :D

Let me know when you're finished and I will have a look at the boards.
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby joebar.rc » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:29 pm

CAN/Uart board is working:

No errors in the pcb, very easy to solder with the OSHpark provided enig finish.

Also WS2812B led board:
P1000471.jpg
P1000471.jpg (167.77 KiB) Viewed 18629 times

20140123_122015.jpg
20140123_122015.jpg (86.25 KiB) Viewed 18629 times

One left to assemble, the currentsensor..
joebar.rc

Postby JussiH » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:38 pm

Great work, Menno

If you have one of those LED boards and some LED´s left over, I would like to try and give it a try...
JussiH

Next

Return to Connections