[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Flight with lost propeller, see video not AQ but WKM

Flight with lost propeller, see video not AQ but WKM

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: Flight with lost propeller, see video not AQ but WKM

Postby joebar.rc » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:21 pm

I did yes, back in may.
It is however not exactly what Alain could do, because it using the not publicly available L1 adaptive controller software.
The DJI software is using something clever by giving up yaw control and spinning. I would not like that with cams under it :)
If you are in search for redundancy now I would personally not recommend the flat hexa, but using a Y6 or X8. Those are the best options for surviving an engine out situation.
It is not something that is easily solved in software although there is already done great work.

Cheers,

Menno
joebar.rc

Postby plexus » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:18 am

Many thanks Steeve and Menno for yours video.
I see the results are very close to my WKM. The L1 solution seems to be the best but not possible and too expensive. Yes the Y6 or X8 could be my solution too.
I had had an MK and it dont flip when a prop is broken (always with the same frame). That is the big problem on the AQ.
Sorry to say that but the WKM at the time is my solution in waiting that you find an other way with AQ6.

Alain

Alain
plexus

Postby skew » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:07 am

Alain, A broken prop in flight is not a common occurrence its one of about 1000 different things that could go wrong with a multirotor. There is a lot longer list of things that will turn a multirotor into a flying brick than losing a motor. Even if you lost a motor on these systems conditions have to be just right for them to work.
skew

Postby plexus » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:01 pm

You are wright Skew. In 3 years I had a lot of broken props when I had my MK. It is true after changing with the Graupner that was rarely the case. The first time was the last month with the AQ. after 2 years :lol: .
I must say that for me the AQ is the best FC.
But nobody is perfect. :roll:
May be to take an option on an X8....

Thanks for the replies.
Alain
plexus

Postby afernan » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:38 pm

Very interesant post!

Well, I must say that one bad thing that could hapen to get one motor off, is the famous "disarm" of an ESC32 in fligh: big rotation and then... crash (I´m an expert in ESC32 disarm´s!). But this is another matter largely treated in other posts.

The important point to solve in AQ is "what to do when some motor(s) reach the max level". This can happen for different reasons, and it´s more significant for low KV motors and heavy loads, where you can be when in PH around 1800pwm so you can easy get the limits. See also this related problem: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2082

I think the code must take the idea commented before of reducing all other motors but the affected motor, until its again inside the limits. This could help to solve the problem of loosing one motor lift in order not to get this quickly rotation of AQ with this happens, that always ends with a hard crash.

Angel
afernan

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:15 pm

joebar.rc

Postby skew » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:16 pm

Angel I know from the early days of divergence equation AQ past control angle + motor clipping = Crash!!! LOL
skew

Previous

Return to AQ Firmware