[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Flight with lost propeller, see video not AQ but WKM

Flight with lost propeller, see video not AQ but WKM

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: Flight with lost propeller, see video not AQ but WKM

Postby plexus » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi steve,
My hexa is in + with graupner props 10X5
this one:
shot mixing.jpg

Alain
plexus

Postby Max » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:20 pm

Please try it with the default hexa mix! Those roll/pitch values you have are very low (half the defaults). After trying the defaults, you could also try bumping all the roll/pitch values up to 100 and see how it does.

-Max
Max

Postby plexus » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi max
I try.
+@

Alain
plexus

Postby plexus » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:26 pm

Tried with values predefined in QGC. Always the same problem, Just before take off it is going on the back. 2 propellers broken.
Next test is to try with the values at 100. But I dont like that.

Alain
plexus

Postby Kisssys » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:14 pm

As Max suggested those values are too low and I would do as he suggested. I don't see why it suddenly flips unless your PID's are all out of wack and you are clipping on the motor outputs. The fact you had those levels so low looks like you were tuning with the mixing which I don't think is the way to go.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby skew » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:09 am

Something I have noticed with AQ that I think causes alot of the flip crashes. The motor outputs will only increase throttle from where the main throttle is set and will not slow below that point. If you keep tilting the airframe the low side motors will increase output until they hit 100% trying to level airframe and clip, the high side motors stay running at the speed that your throttle is at. Other FC like multiwii the low side will speed up to 100% if that still does not level then it will start slowing the highside motors to bring the airframe level. See if I can explain this to make it understandable.

hold airframe firmly in hand (armed)
put tx 100% throttle
try to tilt airframe by hand (all motors will be at full 100% there will be no leveling resistance from AQ it will not try to slow the motors on high angle side to level )
now set tx to 80-90% throttle and try it (there is now some overhead for it to speed up the low side motors to level but only 10-20%)

On multiwii if you do this at 100% throttle. You can tilt the airframe, the more you tilt the airframe the slower the high sided motors will spin they will almost stop. Or if you are at a lower throttle setting it will speed the low side motors to 100% and then slow the highside motors trying to level airframe.
skew

Postby plexus » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:52 pm

Thanks Skew

First test with all propellers:
at any position of the throttle the hexa stay leveled it is very hard to change his position wth the arm. Good.

Seconf test one propeller missing:
exactly as you say: tx 100% throttle
(all motors will be at full 100% there will be no leveling resistance from AQ it will not try to slow the motors on high angle side to level ) .YES it is that.

Third test: 80% throttle
The hexa try to leveled but not enough.
With one propeller out, at 80% of throttle, holded in the arm, the hexa want to go back (the side where the prop is missing. When I tilt the hexa with the stick, it dont try to leveled. The stick has no action and the hexa flip.
In the QGC I tried the predefined values of the tilt and also upper values , 75 and 90. There no changes in the results.
After all these test, my conclusion is AQ6 cannot fly with a propeller missing.
I am afraid to carry a camera in these conditions.
I wrote the probleme to Bill (BN999).
I will be very happy if it was possible to see a video take off and flight with one propeller out.

Thanks a lot
Alain
plexus

Postby Kisssys » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:29 pm

If the PID's are set such that their's no headroom for corrections then it surely won't fly with and engine out and has the potential of flips with full throttle. I would guess if you gave it full throttle it may flip unless you have a very well balance machine. I have not flow much PID and the little I've done has flown fine with little tuning.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby plexus » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:41 pm

With all propellers my hexa fly very well with low pid (50 in pitch).
But with propeller lost I believe that AQ6 dont fly. Or give me a video of that, just to see .
I hope I am wrong.
I'm really disappointed because I put a lot of hope in AQ6.

Alain
plexus

Postby Kisssys » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:50 pm

I believe Menno posted a engine out video but I couldn't seem to find it. I know Jussi was playing with engine on a hexa for a while but don't know if he has a video.

I don't have a PID machine to try it on but I took my L1 hexa and took off the front prop. With the normal battery and gimbal it went to full throttle and just sat their. I had to take the Gimbal off and go to a smaller battery to get it to fly with one engine out. The machine is not optimized for engine out (L1 settings need to be tweeked ) and the yaw control is set very low to be smooth so I have to rotate a engine to balance things out. Under the same conditions I don't see any reason it wouldn't do the same with PID.

I flew my big Octo 2 from 8 to 4 engines by unplugging the 4 outer engines one at a time in an optimum way. It was very over powered and was PID. It had the engines tilted a few degrees to give better yaw control.

I didn't do any horsing around, it's my only decent video machine I have.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware