[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ REV2 Voltage error in QGC

AQ REV2 Voltage error in QGC

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

AQ REV2 Voltage error in QGC

Postby Mlozano » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:09 pm

Hello,

I have a problem with the voltage level information in QGC as well as in the android version as it shows 19.6V when I connect it to a 3s Battery to my Quadcopter. I was expecting 11,1 V.

I think this is not a software problem, IMHO it seems a hardware problem.
The only similar topic in the forum is

Has anybody got the same problem? How can i check it?

Thanks in advance !!!
Mlozano

Re: AQ REV2 Voltage error in QGC

Postby LPR » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:08 am

Hello

Welcome to the forum.
Your problem may be the same as you found in the link or it might be that you have the wrong firmware.

If you have a newer AQ board it would be V2 board with a resister for higher voltage. Newer V2 AQ boards use the V2 firmware and usually do a good job of giving accurate voltage.

If you have an older AQ board and you're using the newer V2 firmware then you may have the kind of problem you're seeing.

A change in the way the firmware is labeled can cause some confusion. Newer firmware labeled rev0 for an older AQ board and rev1 for the newer AQ boards that can use higher voltage batteries.

Just load the rev0 version of firmware and the voltage will be right if you have an older AQ board.

Larry
LPR

Postby Mlozano » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:18 pm

Hello Larry,

The QGC shows 19.6V with the firmware version aqv6.7.r224.b1400-rev1.hex, but with the firmware aqv6.7.r224.b1400-rev0.hex shows 12.0V. It's v1 board.

I bought it at 12/10/2012 and hoped was the v2 board. :(

Thank you Larry...

Manuel
Mlozano

Postby JussiH » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:25 pm

If you can solder, its just a question of replacing a single resistor to make your R0 board identical to a R1 board.

But if you plan to use 3S, then the R0 board will measure up to 15V.
JussiH

Postby Mlozano » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:47 pm

Hello,

I don't have skills for do that, sorry. It's good to know that with a simple change I could convert R0 board to R1. I will fly my quadcopter with S3 Batteries (up to 12V), then I will not have problems. :)

Thank you Jussi...

Manuel
Mlozano

Postby LPR » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Go to hear you're all set up to fly.

Larry
LPR

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller