[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Increase nick angle in DVH Mode?

Increase nick angle in DVH Mode?

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Increase nick angle in DVH Mode?

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi,

I would like to slightly increase the maximum angle the AQ can go in DVH mode. Currently the maximum speed is very low, when in DVH mode, and I would like to be able to slightly increase it, but could not find which settings allow this. Or is there no possibility to change this?
When flying FVP, I like to flight in DVH mode, I feel more secure than in manual mode, but I would like to be able to fly a little bit more than walking speed. Hope this is feasable without having to twitch the Firmware itself.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Re: Increase nick angle in DVH Mode?

Postby Cookiemonsta » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:38 pm

I can't have a look at it right now but I think you could raise it by changing your roll pitch scaling? Something like that. You might wanna have a look at the wiki for rc settings.
If I'm wrong please correct me ;)
Cookiemonsta

Postby Cookiemonsta » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:42 pm

From the wiki
Cookiemonsta

Postby Cookiemonsta » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Maximum tilt and roll.

AutoQuad is designed for stable flight and not acrobatic flight. The angular movements are limited to provide maximum stability.The default behavior will limit the angle to around 37 degrees.The max tilt (pitch) and roll angle is controlled by the these two parameters:CTRL_FACT_PITC      0.05f       // user pitch multiplierCTRL_FACT_ROLL      0.05f       // user roll multiplierThey are multiplied by the elevator and roll channel data from the radio. So if you’re radio produces -750 to 750 output, your max tilt range will be +-37.5 degrees.While there is room for more tilt, be careful as you get to much higher values. This theory of operation breaks down as you approach the 90 deg singularities. For any accuracy over 45 deg on more than one axis, you will need to ditch the PID controller and go with something quaternion based
Cookiemonsta

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:33 pm

This seems to only apply for manual mode, as in DVH my copter only tilts less than 10 degrees, making the speed very slow.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby LPR » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Duke

The MAXIMUM speed that you can fly in DVH is very easy to change. Default is set at 5 m/s but I have flown at 30 m/s. I don't recommend trying to fly that fast in DVH, it's very scary.

The setting for "Max. Speed" in the QGC is under Config. In the "Misc Settings" screen at the top left of the screen is "Navigation & Control limits". I would stay under 10 m/s. I like 7 or 8 m/s.

If you would like to have faster acceleration you can play with "Navigation Speed Rate" settings under PID Settings.
Increasing "P" will increase the rate of tilt. Increasing "P Max" and "out Max" will increase the amount of tilt angle you can have.
Increasing "I" and "I Max" will increase the angle of tilt but does it much slower. The "out Max" setting sets the max angle your multicopter can tilt.

Be careful playing with the "Navigation Speed Rate" settings. You will see the difference when you changing the settings. I've been up to 60 degree tilt but I don't recommend flying that way.

There is no need to change Navigation Speed Rate settings to have faster Max Speed. You can go very fast with the default 37 degrees.

Larry
LPR

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:33 pm

Hi Larry,

that is exactly what I was looking for. Why should it be scarier to fly fast in DVH mode, than in manual? Not that I plan to fly very fast, but only for my comprehension.
I have laready flown a Wii based copter in Level mode, not position Hold, with up to 60km/h which is about 17m/s and it was not scary at all. :mrgreen:
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby skew » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:43 pm

Duke, Because when you let go of the stick in DVH mode that spot is where the gps wants to go back to. If you are going really fast and let go it will try to go back to that spot very aggressively and may flip over trying to stop and go back the other way.
skew

Postby kinderkram » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:50 pm

btw: Max has done a great job adding those text boxes explaining most of the different values when pointing your mouse at a field. Just hover there for a second.

tbox.jpg
tbox.jpg (68.03 KiB) Viewed 12889 times
kinderkram

Next

Return to AQ Software