[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - new hardware revision autoquad?

new hardware revision autoquad?

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: new hardware revision autoquad?

Postby chestnut » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:49 am

Dear JussiH,

How to calib DIMU? It has calib the same with AIMU, right?

Thanks.
chestnut

Postby JussiH » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:43 am

Yes, basically the full calibration is still the same procedure. Work is beeing done to simplify this process, but there is no deadline on it.

But by using an integrated Accel/gyro chip, we dont have to care much about aligning each sensor to the others, and we can do a simple "tare" function that will zero out all bias on gyro and accel and make you able to fly right away. This leaves the mags uncalibrated, though - and at the moment we dont have a simple solution for calibrating the compass...

Personally, I wouldt rely solely on the tare function, but still perform a full calibration. The tare function is more aimed at giving you a simple way to get airborne and test the boards, but for any important craft, a full calibration is still recommended.
JussiH

Postby Yups » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Hello Jussi,

have you already designed a simple CAN-Board for DIY? I would be very happy if i could test the CAN-Bus in the next months :)

Can you explain the new DIMU?

Best regards
Yannick
Yups

Postby JussiH » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi Yannick

No, I didnt have time to design a CAN expander for DIY yet. I did see that Menno did one, perhaps he can be persuaded to publish it. Menno?

The DIMU expander that is coming up is a small expansion board that mounts on the J1 and J2 headers on AQ.

Besides beeing a digital IMU (digital sensors), it also doubles as a CAN tranceiver and breaks out serial 2 to a JST connector (can be used for PX4 flow or other similar devices)

One of the advantages of the DIMU is that it should be easier to calibrate, and it has an onboard EEprom for storing calibration parameters, so that you could keep a spare IMU, or change IMUs between boards without having to recalibrate.

I really hope it becomes available soon, prototypes should be in production already. I´ll show some photos as soon as I get them.
JussiH

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:33 am

Sure, simple 1 layer board because I only have basic simple equipment :)

Can bus adapter.png
Can bus adapter.png (32.39 KiB) Viewed 11969 times

Eagle board file (eagle free)
CAN bus adapter AQ.brd.zip
(6.2 KiB) Downloaded 1492 times

Will not cost you more than $7-8, the CAN transceiver is $3-4 (in Europe), the LDO $2 and the rest a couple of cents.
The connector is hard to get, I used wires waiting for the connector and plug.
I will obviously use Jussi's board when available but was very eager to use the CAN bus hence this simple board.

Menno
joebar.rc

Postby plexus » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:50 am

Many thanks for the sharing and all info.
Alain
plexus

Postby JussiH » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:56 am

Thanks, Menno!
JussiH

Postby chschmid » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Thanks Menno

Ceers
Christof
chschmid

Postby LPR » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:40 pm

I'm also very interested in CAN communication for the AQ and ESC32s.

Larry
LPR

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:54 pm

Jdmagoo

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller