[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - new hardware revision autoquad?

new hardware revision autoquad?

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

new hardware revision autoquad?

Postby rwijnhov » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:11 am

Hi,

I am looking to get back to autoquad. But i believe i read somwhere about new revision? So do I buy now or wait for the new revision?
rwijnhov

Re: new hardware revision autoquad?

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:52 am

Nah, the revision was one resistor to correct the voltage divider for the main power supply.
All AQ boards you can buy now have that new resistor do no reason to wait, in fact perfect timing because a lot of additions have been made and if the new android app passes all tests so many existing features are opened :)

Menno
joebar.rc

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:55 am

Also, I believe there's an add on board with a digital IMU that will be coming, basically connects to the J connectors on the current AQ board. Will let Jussi chime in with more details.
Jdmagoo

Postby JussiH » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:22 pm

I have been working on the DIMU addon this weekend, and sent it to Bill for verification last night.

If it checks out, it will go to production ASAP.

Besides beeing a DIMU, the expansion board also provides a CAN transceiver and breaks out Serial 2 to a JST-SH connector.
JussiH

Postby chschmid » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:16 am

Morning Jussi

Are the DIMU's ready?
I will use CAN for my new octo and would like to use the DIMU with the CAN Bus support on the FC side.

Please let me know if there is a DIMU available.

Cheers

Christof
chschmid

Postby JussiH » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:17 pm

Morning Christof

The DIMU is not ready yet - I am waiting for update from factory. It was sent to production last week (found some soldermask issues that had to be solved, so it got delayed a bit) Usually it takes 2-4 weeks to get prototypes done at our manufactorer.

Creating a DIY CAN expander for AQ6 would be very simple. Its basically just 1 SOIC, 1 resistor and 1 capacitor. Could probably be done in a single layer or even straight on the chip with some simple wiring. If there is interest, I can draw up a schematic for it.

Cheers

Jussi
JussiH

Postby plexus » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi jussih,
If it is a single layer, it is easy to do. Is a kit possible ?

Alain
plexus

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:05 pm

joebar.rc

Postby JussiH » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:19 pm

I would say that the 3.3V LDO is not needed, we could probably get 3v3 from the same rail that feeds the main MCU, and still be safe, but I´d have to look at the DS for the CAN transceiver to know its exact power requirements.

Doing it in 1 layer is possible, but there is little sense, unless its for DIY. These days, an acceptable 2 layer PCB can be had from places like Iteadstudio in 12 days at under 1 dollar per piece, so I rarely bother with etching my own PCBs anymore, and milling them is something I never had much success with.

As its just a SOIC-8, 2 passives and 6 wires, making the needed connections directly on the transceiver chip or using a protoboard, would probably be the simplest and cheapest solution for adding CAN to AQ6. I´ll draw up some docu on that in the coming days.
JussiH

Postby chschmid » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:53 pm

Thanks Jussi.
chschmid

Next

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller