[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ and AlexMos gimbal - how to ;)

AQ and AlexMos gimbal - how to ;)

AutoQuad AV/AP settings, gimbal & servo choices

Re: AQ and AlexMos gimbal - how to ;)

Postby leopold1 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:28 pm

OK,
Lets say I want to use my channel 8 to tilt my brushless gimbal.

With the latest GCS I select in the radio and controls tab channel 8 as my gimbal tilt, and in the mixing and output tab I select a free port in the gimbal port for tilt?

I'm using fw r100
leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:35 pm

Just tested it and it works!
thx!
leopold1

Postby kinderkram » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:50 am

Yes it works!
I'm also using ch8 on my PPM radio and ch11 output of the AQ for the passthrough.
Adjusting the end points on my radio (EPA) I can slightly point it down to limit the angle and get the props/arms outa sight and make the low setting point it down exactly at 90deg.

Runs very smooth! 8-)
kinderkram

Postby leopold1 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Tilt works fine but I can't seem to find the passthrough settings for the trigger.
You can set the rx input channel but not the output port.
leopold1

Postby Ecky » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:32 am

I think tehre is no passthrough settings for the trigger in the moment. I believe the shutter has to be connected
with the rx directly and you can trigger the shutter release event in a log for example to do some geotagging of the
image. Perhaps this post will explain more detailed the situation viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2222#p12519 .
Ecky

Postby leopold1 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:34 pm

Did some flight tests with the pitch passthrough but I'm having an issue.
The problem at first was that when tilting forward with my hexa the gimbal also tilted forward and vice versa.
I checked the gimbal GUI but couldn't quite find a setting to resolve this.
Then I checked the setting on AQ with the GCS and reversed the pitch axes. Now the gimbal turns in the the correct direction but it "over" compensates ruslting that pitch doesn't stay at the selected angle.
With a seperate rx all works fine.
It seems that the AQ board wants to stabelize the gimbal and that the passthrough isen't a real one on one passthrough.
Any suggestions?
leopold1

Postby Kisssys » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:02 pm

I"m not sure what a previous revision might have but the latest repo code 196 does not provide what is needed for a Alexmos Gimbal. The pitch output of the gimbal has stabilization and point of interest on the signal. If that's the output you using it won't provide a pass through signal. If you make the GMBL_SLEW_RATE = 0 then it should provide raw pitch stabilization to feed with the roll channel to help stabilize the Gimbal. You would need an external receiver to get the pitch tilt command channel to feed the gimbal. Those with external receivers should be in good shape.

If anybody needs to run a AlexMos gimbal now, I've attached gimbal files that assume pitch, roll and passthrough(AUX3) are on M11,M12,M13 respectively. In this case you do not want the GMBL_SLEW_RATE = 0, I've got a half dozen flights with the code so it's as always, use at your own risk.

This is only for driving a AlexMos gimbal or providing a simple passthrough of signal to AUX3 with the loss of normal gimbal pitch control and POI.

Max say's its very high on the list to get the gimbal all squared away as soon as time permits.
Attachments
gimbal.h
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 988 times
gimbal.c
(3.15 KiB) Downloaded 971 times
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby leopold1 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:15 pm

Steve, thx for the info.
leopold1

Postby epyonxero » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:01 am

Does anyone have an update on integrating the AQ with an Alexmos board? The latest Alexmos has the ability to input gimbal stabilization from a flight controller and use it somehow to enhance stabilization (I dont know how) if the AQ is connected in this way will the regular manual gimbal tilt function (not pass thorugh) work on the Alexmos gimbal? How about POI functions?
epyonxero

PreviousNext

Return to Camera & Gimbal support