[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - QGC-AQ 1.3.0 (stable) available for Windows & OS X

QGC-AQ 1.3.0 (stable) available for Windows & OS X

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: New QGC-AQ 1.3 available - Beta 1 Windows release

Postby Max » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Thanks guys, glad you like it! I went through 3 stages of UI changes, getting more drastic each time. The final part was the new Data view, which I really like because I can have the plots full-screen w/out any sidebars. The Pilot and Mission views are a bit redundant, but I kept them to give more options for custom screen layouts.

The ESC32 fw flashing is confusing, I agree. I'm still confused about how it's supposed to work (from the ESC32 screen or the AQ flashing screen... for me it only works from the latter). I'll have a look at that again.

-Max
Max

Battery options, ground speed, radio output

Postby Max » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:30 pm

There's a somewhat hidden feature in QGC to set some options per controlled system (MAV), like the name and battery warning levels (it's always been there, not new). I'm trying to find a more obvious place for them, but for now you have to right-click on the system in the Unmanned Systems list.

system-opts.png
system-opts.png (7.08 KiB) Viewed 20146 times

In the battery options you can set up different actual voltage levels, or you can base a warning on the reported battery remaining from the FC. The reported battery remaining % from AQ has been hard-coded for a 3-cell battery until r183. As of r183 it will calculate the % remaining based on the difference between a fully charged LiPo cell (4.2V) and your configured Stage 2 Battery Warning level (3.3V by default, I think). So at 3.3 per cell it will report 0% remaining.

batt-opts.png
batt-opts.png (15.59 KiB) Viewed 20146 times

batt-display.png
Bench-testing with a "2 cell LiPo" (actually a power adapter at ~8V)
batt-display.png (2.34 KiB) Viewed 20146 times

Also as of r184 the speed is reported/shown correctly in the HUD/PFD/etc. This is GPS speed of course.

Lastly, r185 introduces a 2nd set of mavlink messages to send radio channels 9-16 (use the fixed QGC Channels Monitor widget to view). However this breaks the Radio Values display (in Radio & Control screen) in QGC < 1.3.

chans-monitor.png
chans-monitor.png (5.37 KiB) Viewed 20146 times

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby Lindbaergh » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:19 pm

Great stuff, looks really nice. One thing i found is that 'Gimbal Roll PWM Min.' cant be set lower than 750. I set it to 700 with V1.2.1, but V1.3.B1 shows that it will change the value to 750 when i press transmit to AQ. Only way to keep the 700 is to set it in onboard parameters after transmit and write to rom there.

Anyhow a great advantage is done, thanks a lot.
Lindbaergh

Postby Max » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:01 pm

That spin box control is limited to a minimum of 750us. I thought that was the lowest practical PWM pulse width. But I can make that lower or remove the constraint altogether if that's useful. Does your servo move between 700 and 750us? :) And what's a reasonable maximum (it's at 2250us right now)?

-Max
Max

Postby Lindbaergh » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi Max, to be honest im not sure if 700 works, i use this setting all the time and never verified them ;). Anyhow i have to configure them again, because i changed a lot in the system. So i will figure out what values are working, and post the result here.

Michael
Lindbaergh

Postby LPR » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:47 pm

Max

I find the m/s is working with my r100 firmware on the Horizontal situation widget with 1.3 . That is a good thing to have when your trying to find out how fast your copter can fly for a contest so a mission can use max speed.

Larry
LPR

Postby leopold1 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:27 pm

Great job!!
Looks very promising.

I was looking at the passthrough functions but I guess this will be activated with one of the following FC firmwares.
Nevertheless I wanted to save the parameters and you could see the changes that one has made. But I noticed that MOT-frame was apparently changed from "0" to "3,345643334.....".
Even if I changed it back to "0" it still wanted to save it to the mentioned value.
Could this be a bug.
I changed back to the GCS 1.2 to let it save as "0".
leopold1

Postby Max » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:03 am

Larry, I'm pretty sure the reported speed was off by a factor of 100 in firmware versions < r184. You're saying it's correct with r100 and 1.3, but wasn't with 1.2? The only change with the HSI and reported speed in 1.3 should be the font size.

Leo, the MOT_FRAME is used to store data about your motors config so it can be restored in the UI correctly (with the right frame type and port order). 1.2 did the same, it just maybe wasn't as obvious before the new prompt showing all changes.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby bluuu » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:46 am

Some observations:

QGS 1.3 works quite unstable. Without mavlink connection is stable but with connection sometimes crashes. Mayby some trobule with serial buffers or mavlink command. Now I can't isolate problem.
bluuu

Postby Max » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:37 pm

I have not had one crash with QGC > 1.1 that I didn't induce myself with bad code. Bluuu, please be more specific about the problem. We need to isolate when this happens to you. Detail, details please (OS/hardware/what you're doing when it crashes/the actual error/etc).

Is it "quite unstable" for anyone else?

Thanks,
-Max
Max

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software