[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - PID for Hoverthings Flip FPV quad (rectangle)

PID for Hoverthings Flip FPV quad (rectangle)

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Re: PID for Hoverthings Flip FPV quad (rectangle)

Postby chschmid » Wed May 01, 2013 9:38 pm

Hi Ivo

Have a look at the Divegence Issue Thread. There is help for that.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby arachnida » Wed May 01, 2013 10:50 pm

Hello Christof,

Thanks for pointing this out. I was already watching this topic very close but realise now I will have to read it once all over again during the rainy days to come. I did notice that during automatic flights, like a RTH, it never happens because the quad is slowing down quite nicely before it reaches it's destination. But what I didn't understand is why I can't keep it in the air like my other quads. Even if I push those over the limit like 90° they still will level and won't flip.

Regards,
Ivo
arachnida

Postby chschmid » Thu May 02, 2013 4:05 am

Hi Ivo

If the AQ is set up right, you should not be able to tilt more than 37°. Everything close to 90° or over will end in a crash. In my understanding, sensors and math are not able to handle that. So if you could recover from tilting somewhat close to 90° it was just luck.

Angel studied the overcompensation very closely. Read his analysis.

BTW I crashed my first quad with a RTH doing what you described. For me the solution was lowering Tilt rate D and Tilt Angle P.

Cheers
Christof
Last edited by chschmid on Thu May 02, 2013 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
chschmid

Postby Max » Thu May 02, 2013 5:04 am

Hi Ivo,

Well what do you expect flying a quad called "flip?" :P

I ran your frame setup through the "L1Tool" utility which we used to generate the other mix files, and it recommends using a regular quad X mix (+/- 100 on all axes, as in the new QGC and AQ docs). I would use that, lower Tilt Rate D until MOT_PITCH/ROLL are within around +/-100 in a hover, and try it out. My quad X with some vibrations likes TRD around 5100.

Good luck!
-Max
Max

Postby arachnida » Thu May 02, 2013 9:01 am

Thank you all, will try out all these recommendations when it stops raining.

My OP CC3D recovers from tilting over 45°, close to 90°. But it is a very light carbon quad and is more trimmed for fun flying and not to be a stable hovering platform or to fly missions. And of course you can switch off stabilisation completely to fly rate only, but that is not what I meant.

And yes, the word Flip in the name of a frame is not a good idea for AQ trying to be the most stable platform of all. :roll:

It will become a busy month, the new NAZA v2 FW is out and soon the OP Revo will be on it's way to Belgium.

My first impressions of the AQ are however quite good. It is very good on GPS hold even in strong gusting wind, much better than my MK ever used to be. NAZA GPS is almost as good, but the baro of the NAZA is still better although I must admit I've not been tuning the altidute hold of the AQ. I want the Rate D and Mixer setup to be perfect before tuning altitude. I like the logs a lot, something missing in many other platforms.
My only wish so far is to be able to read out the SD card without removing it from the AQ. I can't count the times I started flying without the card inserted because it was still in my PC reader.

My first quad was a Asctec X-BL that still flies well, but amazing how things have evolved since 2007. :o

Once again thanks for the help I get here at the forum!
arachnida

Postby arachnida » Fri May 03, 2013 10:27 am

I've put all the Mixer values at 100% now and lowered the Rate D to 5900 giving me excelent results! My mot values are now, even flying a bit aggresive in Pos hold, within 300. Only at the landing I reached 400 when bumping to the ground.

Next task is to get the altitude hold better. My quad is going down steady when my throttle is at mid point. I already increased the Throttle Stick Deadband to 80. Where do I begin, Motor/ESC Hoover Throttle is now at 500, however Throttle 50% is at 700 when looking at the radio values. But 500 should be fine as I hover at less than 50% in manual mode. What is the Pressure Sensor Value in Special Settings/Diverse/ doing? Is this the selection between baro 1 or 2?
arachnida

Postby chschmid » Fri May 03, 2013 11:10 pm

Did you set your trottle factor yet?
Have a look here. It is very important, that this is set right. After that you can start with PH tuning. I followed the wiki and had good results.
chschmid

Postby arachnida » Sat May 04, 2013 12:13 pm

Thanks Christof for pointing me to this thread, I guess I missed it because of the subject title. So much to read, so little time to fly!
arachnida

Postby chschmid » Sat May 04, 2013 9:54 pm

I am happy that I could help. Now there is more time to fly for you. :D

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Previous

Return to PID Tuning