[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - PID for Hoverthings Flip FPV quad (rectangle)

PID for Hoverthings Flip FPV quad (rectangle)

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Re: PID for Hoverthings Flip FPV quad (rectangle)

Postby LPR » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Ivo

Today I learned from Angel a little more on motor mixing. The numbers I gave you for pitch and roll may be a little low. I am doing some testing and I let you know if you would do better with higher numbers. Here's a link to the thread.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2082&start=80

Larry
LPR

Postby epyonxero » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:45 pm

epyonxero

Postby arachnida » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:29 am

Hi epyonxero,

I mounted the GPS right on top of the FC, the cable is just long enough although hard to plug in.

But: the SD slot is hard to reach with your fingers to insert or remove the card. Even worse is the position of the two jumper headers near the FTDI connection.

The black tubes you can see on the picture are ferrite rings to filter the spikes on the ESC cables. The standsoffs at the top allow me to put the FPV Flip upside down to service or remove the LiPo without damaging the GPS.

Photo 26-04-13 11 01 56.jpg

Photo 26-04-13 11 01 02.jpg

Cheers,
arachnida
arachnida

Postby arachnida » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:59 am

Hi all,

my quad flies well now, only keeping height in GPS mode is still a bit of a problem. Thanks for the help!

I took the mixer settings from Larry but also changed the controller Max setting to 400 as I saw my Pitch and Roll Log_Mot were clipped at 300. Tilt Rate D is now at 6500.
arachnida

Postby LPR » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:01 pm

Ivo

I'll be working on finding a better mix so you will not need to lower tilt rate D.

Good to here you like the way it flies.

Larry
LPR

Postby arachnida » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:02 pm

I have been looking at the log of my last flight, even with these settings I reach the Controller_Max 400 during a rather calm flight.

Here is Log_Mot_Pitch, it still reaches the bottom of the graph. Roll only once during this flight, but I did't fly very agressive.

log.jpg
arachnida

Postby LPR » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:33 pm

IVO

You could try raising both the pitch and roll by 20 and see if that helps. It should and if it does then try default tilt rate D.

Larry
LPR

Postby arachnida » Wed May 01, 2013 10:54 am

Still not good! It flies well, but I don't like the clipping of the Log_Mot_Pitch especially at the bottom.
Screenshot - 1_05_2013 , 11_37_16.jpg

I now have Tilt Rate D at 6500 and my mixer is already up to 80. All other values are default.

The quad reacts nice when I bank to a side (pitch or roll) and let the stick centre, it will brake (in pos hold mode) and return nicely to the place where I let the stick go. Only YAW has some overshoot of about 30° when I let the sticks centre.
arachnida

Postby LPR » Wed May 01, 2013 8:38 pm

Ivo

I would try using a lower tilt rate D and see Log_Mot_Pitch moves less.

Larry
LPR

Postby arachnida » Wed May 01, 2013 8:58 pm

Ok Larry,

Will try that later this week as the weather is changing over here. I went down till 6100, but still reached the limits.

Last flight I also noticed why I crashed the first flight I made. My quad breaks really hard when releasing the stick from full backwards to centre in GPS pos hold. However this only happens when I release the stick right after giving full backwards, let's say when the quad is at the max angle trying to fly backwards. If I hold the stick a little longer the quad will level a little more and the effect is not that strong. So what happens when I release the stick is a strong breaking of the quad by tilting towards the opposite side, in this case forwards. This is so strong that it tries to correct immediatly moving back to the other side and this makes my quad flip. Sorry for the maybe strange way explaining this behaviour, as you understand English is not my native language.

Cheers,
Ivo
arachnida

PreviousNext

Return to PID Tuning