[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Let's show it off!

Let's show it off!

Sub-forums on topics related to all AQ flight controllers.

Re: Let's show it off!

Postby LPR » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:05 pm

Christof

I would not be comfortable letting the octo go so far if I did not follow it. At 1.40 you can see the snowmoble on the left side of the screen. I was wearing a hat with a camera so that video is on youtube also.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby kinderkram » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:57 pm

Skipped the Calibso, didn't bother to tune anything - just slapped it on a quad frame and went flying. :o

German user Mario performs AH/PH with a completely untuned AQ6:

kinderkram

Postby eat5hams » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:38 am

Kinderkram, I saw that video on the rcgroups thread and was very impressed. I think AutoQuad will be my next board after I cut my teeth on an APM2.5....

I'm very encouraged by how good these results are untuned. I'm curious, did this setup include some sort of sonar for auto height? I didn't know that a barometer could be that accurate! If so, I'm VERY impressed. If not, I'm still impressed!
eat5hams

Postby JussiH » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:40 am

A word of caution on untuned/uncalibrated setups.

While it may work, an uncalibrated board will use the GPS to correct errors in acc/mag scale and bias. This means that if flown without GPS or if GPS signal is lost, "funny" things could begin to happen.

The above user may have been lucky to get a board where the ACC bias and scale is close to ideal from the factory. This will NOT be the case for most boards, and there is always need for calibration to make sure all IMU parameters are scaled correctly. All sensors are not created equally!

What you see in the video is the power of the Unscented Kalman Filter used in AQ - with a good GPS reception it will be able to correct a lot of error in the other sensors. The filter constantly estimates Bias errors in the IMU, and if a sensor is showing a lot of Bias, less emphasis will be placed on that particular sensor.

So proceed with caution if going down this route - and its not really recommended to skip calibration for any reason!
JussiH

Postby kinderkram » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:41 am

kinderkram

Postby eat5hams » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:32 pm

eat5hams

Postby Kisssys » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:58 pm

I killed 2 ladybirds, changed one line of code, commented out 1 line, changed the engine end points and this is what I got with default PID's.

Cheers
Steve
Last edited by Kisssys on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby skew » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:22 am

skew

Postby 13brv3 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:04 am

Sounds like some of our mosquitoes :-)

Rusty
13brv3

Postby Max » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:51 am

Ha, that's great Steve! Cute li'l bugger! What's driving the motors?

-Max
Max

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Calibrating, Tuning, & Connecting