[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - 3DR_RadioTelemetry

3DR_RadioTelemetry

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

3DR_RadioTelemetry

Postby LPR » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:42 am

Will the 3DR-Radio telemetry kit work with the Autoquad?
Has anyone been able to compare the Xbee and 3DR-Radios?

https://store.diydrones.com/3DR_RadioTe ... 3dr915.htm

I have a 3DR radio setup and it has worked very well with my AMP2.

Larry
LPR

Re: 3DR_RadioTelemetry

Postby rwijnhov » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:48 am

I think it should work. Why not.
rwijnhov

Postby rwijnhov » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:52 am

I actualy like it a lot. Verry nice.
rwijnhov

Postby GoFaster » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:50 am

I have a 433MHz set coming for test.
GoFaster

Postby sleggitt » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:25 am

I also have a 900 MHz i will be testing
sleggitt

Postby GoFaster » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Confirming that the 3DR 433MHz kit works fine. In addition, ground side of the link is connected to a Bluetooth thingy. Currently set at 115200 baud serial rate, 64kbps air data rate. QGC seems happy. Just waiting for my Android device to show up so I can test AQGC.

This kit is supposed to be able to inject radio RSSI and some link status related MAVLink packets too. But I haven't yet delved into QGC to figure that out.
GoFaster

Postby LPR » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:13 am

GoFaster

That is good news. I have a 3D 900MHz kit and in a couple of weeks I should have an Autoquad autopilot board to use on this Octo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FF9kYqV ... e=youtu.be

The video is of a test flight for an octo with ESC32 and an OpenPilot CC board.

Larry
LPR

Postby jabram » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:10 pm

I just ordered the 3DR 433MHz kit
jabram

Postby jabram » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:20 am

Well, my 3DR 433 mHz kit arrived today, initially I thought they had left the RF modules out, it was there after a thorough search - these modules are small !!

Only one confusing item, when you change the baud rate the device has to be unplugged, powered down and back up again, else you start thinking you killed it because every command fails, after power cycle works fine.

Haven't tried on AQ6 but sending a large file between PC and laptop using 2 FTDI 3.3 cables it works fine but it cannot keep up with a lot of data non stop at 115,200, seems to run cool. should be fine with AQ6 which I will try later.

When I ordered I thought what the heck do I need another FTDI 3.3V cable for ?
Now I know - > for testing 2 units with PC and laptop.

EDIT: I connected to AQ6, remembering to close jumper J3 else the 3DR does not get power, by the way 3DR requires +5v which AQ6 supplies if J3 is shorted.
It works with AQ6 but so far only with Flow Control disabled, I removed CTS and RTS wires from my 6 wire extension cable.

Could not use the supplied cable to connect to AQ6 as it only has 4 pins on the end that would connect to AQ6, so I used my own 6 way cable header with only GND. 5V, RX and TX connected, note RX and TX cables are crossed, in other words RX on AQ6 goes to TX on 3DR and TX on AQ6 goes to RX on 3DR.

Also noticed if I used the longer cable they supplied [with my own 6 pin headers] it stopped working properly with weird burst of it working and not, found that winding all the wires 3 times around a ferrite ring solved the issue with the supplied longer cable not working.
jabram

Postby jphelirc » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:03 pm

I would suggest to use RFD radios than 3DR. RFD radios have properly done RF shielding, diversity receiver/transmitter and range what they gives are far more better. Software is fully 3DR compatible
jphelirc

Next

Return to Connections