[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ARMED MULTI WITHOUT SIGNS OF ARMING IS DANGEROUS

ARMED MULTI WITHOUT SIGNS OF ARMING IS DANGEROUS

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: ARMED MULTI WITHOUT SIGNS OF ARMING ARE DANGEROUS

Postby chschmid » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:20 am

Andrej
I would agree with you, if there where no signs of arming. But this is not the case. We have a green LED that shows you the state of arming. Furthermore you GCS is TALKING to you. If this is not enough, you can read out the mavlink messages and add some extra LEDS or a beeper (with mav2hott).

Best
Christof

BTW, I had some experiance with accidentially rotating props. It took 12 stiches to get my forearm back in shape. And it was just a sailplane with 0.5kW, throttle @ maybe 25%. I do not want to imagine what would have happend with my 4kW Mustang or the 4.2kW TRex 700.
chschmid

Postby Andrej » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:35 am

Andrej

Postby Andrej » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:39 am

Andrej

Postby chschmid » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:04 pm

chschmid

Postby Andrej » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:57 pm

Didnt you fly in vicinity of people never?

Anyway it would good and responsible decision from programmers to make this feature for unresposible pilots.
Andrej

Postby 13brv3 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:39 pm

This is always a controversial topic, and people have definite opinions on which way it should work. Since there are valid points to each position, the only way to satisfy everyone is to make it an option to spin or not when armed.

I personally want the motors spinning when armed, and I consider it a significant safety feature. The LED is only visible from a certain angle, so you have to make a special effort to look at it. It's absolutely certain that spinning props will be a more obvious sign than a solid vs blinking LED that you have to make an effort to look for.

FWIW, I've approached the AQ with it still armed, but I have enough previous scars to remind me to look for the light. The problem I have is that most FCs don't require you to hold the disarm position quite as long as the AQ does, so out of habit, I tend to not hold it long enough to actually disarm the AQ. I'm retraining myself now, but this is how accidents happen, and it would be much more obvious if the props were spinning.

I would definitely like to see this as an option.

Cheers,
Rusty
13brv3

Re: ARMED MULTI WITHOUT SIGNS OF ARMING IS DANGEROUS

Postby LPR » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:07 pm

Rusty

I agree that an option to have the props spin like the MK would be very good.

Another great safety feature is to have the board disarm after 30 seconds with no Tx inputs. Getting distracted and forgetting the AQ copter is armed is a very real danger.

Larry
LPR

Postby chschmid » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:22 pm

chschmid

Postby Andrej » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:22 pm

For instance Wookong disarm in 3 sec if no throttle input.
Andrej

Postby DWBB » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:30 am

I too would like to see the motors spin on arming, simply because that's what im used to with my three other controllers. As it's a very personal thing, an optional setting would be great.

Regards

D
DWBB

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware