[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - my static calibration

my static calibration

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

my static calibration

Postby trypt » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:54 am

Did my first static calibration. Seems that I need more time for reaching higher temperature (?) Is there a problem to use more than a hour for the static calibrations? Seems that my basement is too cold :)

How do these curves look? There seems to be some issues with the ACC curve?

static-tmp.png

static-mag.png

static-rate.png

static-acc.png
trypt

Re: my static calibration

Postby kinderkram » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:27 am

Except for the acc curves at the beginning, all curves look very smooth.
The temp curve better goes from lets say -10 to +40 than -20 to +30 if you're not living in a polar region. ;)
You might want to add something to make it warm up to a higher temp like some cold/hot pack or something like this:

Just don't overdo or it will heat up too fast.
kinderkram

Postby trypt » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:28 pm

thanks! will try again.

Just curious, is the purpose of these static calibrations to make some sort of lookup table, so that the controller know how all the sensors react in different temperatures and can compensate for it?
trypt

Postby bn999 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:58 pm

I would not try to artificially increase the temperature or the rate of increase. Instead try to better insulate the board and/or reduce the volume of air trapped around it to allow slow, self heating do the job.
bn999

Postby trypt » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:08 pm

I got the temperature right now, but the same ACC noise in the beginning. Could it be the foam when its warming up inside the box?
trypt

Postby kinderkram » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 pm

If you use foam from an antistatic packing, yes.
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/autoquad- ... libration/
kinderkram

Postby trypt » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:22 am

OK, im now trying to do static calibrations again. Using a completely new box without any foam, just glued on some spacers for mounting the AQ board.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362277305.256950.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362277305.256950.jpg (147.27 KiB) Viewed 14595 times

But I still get noisy/uneven curves on the ACC at the begynning...

Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 3.18.18 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 3.20.18 AM.jpg

This is from another try:

Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 3.29.52 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 3.22.10 AM.jpg

This is another try from a previous location a another box with foam:

Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 3.44.52 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 3.44.05 AM.jpg

Starting to get a bit frustrated, I have tried at least 5-6 times now at 3 different locations, with 2 different boxes with and without foam. I have freezed down the AQ both with and without the SD card in.

And the result is the same, noisy/uneven ACC curve at the begynning, so I´m starting to think it maybe is the ACC sensors that are unstable at this low temperature?

I have glued on the recoms with a gluegun as it said in the assembly guide, could it be that this glue is reacting to the cold temperature and is somehow affecting the accelerometer on the board?
trypt

Postby JussiH » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:37 am

The noise you see is very likely temp shifting of the board mass. It can not be avoided completely!

You should be able to get a result with that data - the calibration software is able to filter out some noise.
JussiH

Postby trypt » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:54 am

Great thanks, thats good news :)
trypt

Postby JussiH » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:24 pm

Another point:

If you dont plan to go flying at -10 degrees, then you dont need to freeze it that low. The recommandation is to capture a range that is 10 degrees C lower and higher than your expected lowest and highest flight temp.

But even at -10 degree ambient temperature, the board temp will be 5-10 degrees higher due to selfheating. So in most cases a range of 0-45 degrees C is sufficient...
JussiH

Next

Return to Calibration