[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

Postby kinderkram » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Yep, will do.
Thx for digging into it! 8-)
kinderkram

Postby afernan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:10 am

QGC Log/file viewer

To be able to plot curves with very different ranges, I propose to add a "multiplier" to each curve.

For instance, If I want to represent IMU_RATEX (range in the order of +-10) vs RADIO_CHANNEL (range in the order of +-900) we could multiply first curve by x100 so we can compare curves. Now we can´t since first curve it´s show as a straight line without detail enough.

Angel
afernan

Postby monkey1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:57 pm

I living in urban, 45 floor. There is very hard to make a static cali. without magnetic inter-frequency. Then the afterward calculation MAE didnt have good value and the performance of quad cannot be reach! Otherwise, dynamic calculate i can carry the quad to nearby park to cali. Good value of static cali. is my impossible mission!

monkey1
monkey1

Postby DVE » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:45 pm

My experience as a newbie after reading all manuals:
- Hardware and connections: ALL required hardware needs to be displayed on the product page. AQ needs: ftdi adapter (easy to find), sBus inverter (hard to find). I spent additional month of waiting because could not find this inverter at local shops, and was needed to order it from USA.
- Frame mixing table: please add presets and motor numbers for most popular configurations to software or wiki. All other controllers have it, and user don't need to calculate table himself.
DVE

Postby Max » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:10 pm

There's a very clear page titled "what else you will need" in the docs. From there it links to the radio/receiver options page which describes all the options and required equipment. I'm not really sure how it can be clearer. We already have all sorts of warning and alert information highlighted, adding more will just be more confusing. I'm sorry you had to wait, but I think a careful reading of the docs would have prevented this (it did for me).

For the mixing tables, that is in the works -- in an upcoming QGC we'll have some pre-defined motor mixes conveniently accessible.

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Postby afernan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:00 am

@DVE:
I've ordered two SBus inverter to Mikrocopter. It was cheap and quick.
Angel
afernan

Postby Ruffio » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:33 pm

Hello,
I just made FW upgrade from r37 to r76 (b1034-RC) and found that putting back my saved "all parameters" don't work as in previous FW upgrades.
I found forum post that help me to do this.
My suggestion is to put some information in Wiki, like this:

1. Before FW upgrade save all You parameters to text file, using "Edit Parameters"/"All parameters" section in GCS
2. Note the CONFIG_VERSION parameter eg in r37 = 102, in r76 = 103.
3. Upgrade FW in FC
4. After FC reset, use "Edit Parameters"/"All parameters" Refresh button
5. Check value of CONFIG_VERSION parameter
6. If current value of CONFIG_VERSION parameter is bigger than noted in step 2, manualy edit your saved "All parameter" text file changing CONFIG_VERSION to value bigger than current value eg. 104.
7. use "Flashing and Setup"/"Onboard parametrs", use "Load File" option - choos saved "All parameters" file from step 1 and than use "Set" option, and than "Write (ROM)"
8. Reset FC and check if Your saved parameters are stored in FC.
Save parametrs:
screen_1.jpg
Save parameters

Load parameters after FW upgrade:
screen_2.jpg
Load parametrs

Using only "Edit Parameters"/"All parameters" didn't work and I wouldn't to use SD card.
Last edited by Ruffio on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruffio

Postby kinderkram » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:08 am

I don't think we need to blow up the Wiki with warnings that are being addressed and worked on.
Next version of the ground stations will iron out some incompatibilities with r76/v6.6.0 rc1

Please be patient. Our coders will sort it out in their spare time. If their daily life will let them... ;)
kinderkram

Postby Ruffio » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:44 pm

Last edited by Ruffio on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruffio

Postby kinderkram » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:22 pm

I didn't mean your complete post but the part that storing doesn't work properly atm.

I'll put a link to your post for now. Thx for your feedbacks.
kinderkram

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller