ESC32 Q&A

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Re: ESC32 Q&A

Postby LPR » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:20 pm

Nopp

You can connect the ESC32 to a standard RC receiver to get the motors running before you have the AQ board setup.
The only problem with using a standard receiver is that most of them do not go to a short enough PWM signal. The signal has to go below 1000 micro seconds. You can connect the ESC32 to your computer and change the min PWM setting to 1050 micro and then most receivers will work fine.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby noppita » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:21 pm

Larry, thank you

I try to run the motor with this esc with normal receiver and did not work, it was because i had power from signal side from FC board, so no probem to esc, so it did not work with normal receiver.

i will just solder all esc to all motors and do dynamic calbration and then maybe i can re-solder them later.

so, i will do dynamic soon. Are you using PPM sum rx or S-bus RX. i will use S-bus RX for this FC.
noppita

Postby LPR » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:43 pm

Noppita

No I'm doing it the easy way with Spectrum TX and a satellite.

Larry
LPR

Postby noppita » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:27 pm

autoquad has no problem with s-bus right?
noppita

Postby LPR » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:13 pm

Noppita

According to the wiki some of the S- Bus Futaba combinations are having trouble. The rest of the S-Bus combination work well.

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/autoquad- ... nnections/

Look for the warning in orange.

Larry
LPR

Postby LPR » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:06 pm

All

If I follow these steps the Window QGC has work well for me.

1. Currently the windows QGC does work but only the older version 1.0.5 .
After many tries to calibrate with the windows QGC I found it does work but a few things have to be done a certain way.

2. Set the calibrate amps a little lower or at the maximum amps your motor will use with your prop and battery.
Don't bother setting the Max amps in the upper right hand corner till after you calibrate.

3. Now run the calibrations. If the motor stops while making an odd noise or load noise you should run the calibration again with a lower calibration amp setting.

4. After calibrating both the RPM and the current limit you must recycle the power to the ESC32. Make sure you unplug the main power to the ESC32 first and then the MC if it is powered separately.

5. I close the QGC, then plug in the USB, then connect main power and then restart the QGC.

6. Now set the Max amps at the same setting as you had for calibrate amps or less, but not higher.

7. I find you can test the calibration by starting the motor and then increase the RPM by moving the slider and then click on "Set RPM".

8. If the motor will jump from start to full throttle without disarming the ESC32 has been calibrated with a low enough amp setting to not disarm in flight.

9. If the motor stops when testing, recalibrate at a lower calibrate amps and test again.

Your motor will draw more current if you fly in very cold and dry air. If you don't fly in cold weather using an amp setting the same as the motor takes at maximum throttle should work ok and give the fastest change in RPMs.

Larry
LPR

Postby camelot » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:11 pm

Hello

Which wire-diameter should i juse for the esc32?

Is 1,5mm for the 3 to the motor, and 2,5mm for the liposide enough?

I am going to use Plettenberg 10-30. Average Ah á Motor will max about 25Ah at 4s.

Regards

Andreas
camelot

Postby LPR » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:33 pm

camelot

Start a new topic for an answer on wire size. There be a lot of opinions on that topic.
LPR

Flashing help!

Postby qalid » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:09 am

Hello everyone, I'm trying to flash my newly assembled ESC32s for the first time.

-URAT from flyduino, I soldered for V5 and used a trizzer at boot (jumper) when I connected the ESC32.
I've selected the latest firmware available: r32 build 5525 (experimental)

I'm getting this:
stm32flash - http://stm32flash.googlecode.com/

read_byte: No error
SERIAL_ERR_NODATA

Assertion failed: 0, file stm32.c, line 94

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Using Parser : Intel HEX
Using Parser : Intel HEX
Serial Config: 57600 8E1
------

Also it says:
QGroundControl...... : v. 1.2.1
Based on v. 1.0.2 (beta)
AutoQuad firmware Version (not connected)

-Is it because of that I haven't uploaded/flashed any AQ firmware yet? I'm waiting for my 3S LiPo, don't wanna risk it with AQ, so I haven't connected AQ to QGC yet.

Or something else?

Thanks.
qalid

Re: Flashing help!

Postby qalid » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:01 pm

I used the most recent "complete one", 1.4.1 Build 5251
http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/?did=14

Got exact same error, which makes think that there's something seriously silly I'm doing!
qalid

PreviousNext

Return to ESC32