[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Step by Step mission planning via PC QGC

Step by Step mission planning via PC QGC

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: Step by Step mission planning via PC QGC

Postby mr_westie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:27 am

That is covered here :)
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1912
mr_westie

Postby axelnied » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:09 am

axelnied

Postby mr_westie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:13 am

I do not have a flying platform so can not be 100%.
Hopefully one of the other flyers chime in :)

Best thing is to test on a calm day.
mr_westie

Postby LPR » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:12 am

LPR

Postby axelnied » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:40 pm

I successfully completed my first mission this morning... Camera did not record, so I have no proof I guess ;-) Amazing to watch that thing auto-takeoff, 5 waypoint mission, auto-landing, and finally shuts itself off. Amazing... Also will have to do some tweaking of the mission regarding heading pointing to the next waypoint.

Question/Thought:
Since the mission is not stored permanently in the AQ, would it be possible to save a "waypoint.txt" file onto the SD card, and when the AQ boots up, this would be the mission auto-loaded into the AQ memory. That would be somewhat similar to the "esc32.txt" file that is loading parameters into the ESC32s.

Otherwise I would always have to bring a laptop/tablet along...
axelnied

Postby kinderkram » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:18 am

Hi Axel,
thumbs up on your first mission!

The wp.txt is a nice idea but you should always have a ground station with you to have control over the mission.
Maps are never up to date so you could miss something even if you know the terrain. Lamp posts, power lines and other obstacles or wrong altitude could spoil all the fun.
With a fix mission planned offline you'll be taking a high risk since you'll have no chance for a correction.
kinderkram

Postby axelnied » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:37 pm

axelnied

Postby leopold1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:00 pm

I've been doing some mission testing to get the hang of it.
Untill now it works quit good also thanks to the step by step guide in the beginning of the most.
Just a question concerning the home position and relatice height.
Ok, I plug the battery in. I wait untill I get 3D fix. Then I set the home position with the ch7 switch for 1 second.
I check also the height in the unmanned systems tab. It changes a bit but I think it gives the absolute height?
During the test it was at 4,5m. In the mission plan the takeoff altitude was 4m relative. When switching to mission and putting the thr at 50%, the quad wouldn't take off. I quickly change the takeoff altitude to 7m and redid the mission command and it lifted off.
Now, if I set the homeposition with the ch7 switch,shouldnt the height be put as relative height being 0m???
leopold1

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:31 am

Just tried my first mission yesterday and had one of the waypoints set to orbit, I'm trying to create a POI flight. The idea was for it to orbit for 60 seconds then move onto the next waypoint, unfortunately it got stuck at the orbit and didn't release until I put it into manual mode and cancelled the mission flight.

What is the correct way of doing what I'm trying to achieve? I was under the impression you could set the POI altitude in GCS but can't seem to find it?

Thanks in advance

James
Jdmagoo

Postby skew » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:50 am

James, In order for a waypoint mission to work. You have to set a waypoint for the "center" then orbit. If using Android touch the black dot above your waypoint it will ask to add a new object to this point say yes then select orbit. Then goto edit to set it up. If using PC just click the + and it will copy your waypoint and just change it to orbit and configure.
skew

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software