Kiss ESC and Quatos

The new control algorithm for AutoQuad flight controllers.

Re: Kiss ESC and Quatos

Postby Max » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:07 pm

Mullet wrote:I was reading several posts back and someone stated that derive MOT_VALUE_SCAL one should take MOT_MIN and subtract it from MOT_MAX.(MOT_MAX - MOT_MIN = MOT_VALUE_SCAL).

The whole PWM range thing is an unnecessary complication. Just use duty steps instead, as in the example in the spreadsheet I posted above.

Mullet wrote:So in my case the top RPM is 32,000 so that's what the value should be and not MOT_MAX - MOT_MIN.

RPM scale would be used for calibrated ESC32, not standard ESCs. Just use duty steps for A1/A2 calc and set VALUE_SCAL to 100.

Postby chschmid » Sun May 01, 2016 7:41 pm

[quote="Cookiemonsta"]So here it is...tuned some of the parameters (tau and learning rate a little down) and's perfectly flying :)

Nice. Congrats.

Postby Astudillo » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:15 pm

hey guy's,

I got some trouble with my AQ6-quatos and kiss esc setup.
I wanted to test the 24a kiss esc on my AQ machine. So i chanced from CAN to PWM in the motor mixing tab, and changed value_scal to 100 and chanced the esc type to standard pwm. Afterwards i ran the esc calibration.
So now i armed the machine and throttled up, but the throttle sticks to a set RPM and does not respond to stick input, except at zero throttle it stops. Arming and disarming goed fine.

Any ideas of what the problem could be?

Postby afernan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:02 am

This kind of problems as you describe are usually related to QUATOS license problems. I guess it worked before well, but I sugest you upload again the fw to the board (what board are u using?). Maybe you can try PID fw instead QUATOS to check that ESC-Motors runs well.

Postby Astudillo » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:56 pm

Hey Angel,

Thanks for the tips, i refreshed the latest(1923) firmware and tried the PID option(QUATOS_ENABLE = 0).
With the default motor mixing for a X quad. The motor responded to the throttle but jittered a lot(see second part of the youtube video). When i uploaded the quatos params from the quatos tool + A1&2 and the rpm scale. The problem reappeared again.
Then i tried the hott 445 firmware from Menno. I uploaded the quatos params etc and i also had a throttle problem staying on a fixed rpm. So i put back the default mixing table for a X quad, and tried again(first part of the video)
I'm not completely sure that Quatos is active in this firmware (there is specific quatos firmware for the M4 but i use a AQ6).
But the motor seems a lot smoother.

So the AQ6 worked with the Esc32v3's on can-bus, but wil not work with quatos on the 1923 firmware, and works on the pid controller if i change the motor mixing back to the default X quad settings. so could ik be that the problem lies there?

I included a copy of my quatos params
(5.34 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

My A1 = -0.012465
A2 = 4.64e-05
Scale factor = 100

Postby bluuu » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:13 pm

Looks like motor-esc problem. Not like Quatos or PID problem.
You must check it with propeller, i think.

Return to Quatos Adaptive Control