[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Kiss ESC and Quatos

Kiss ESC and Quatos

The new control algorithm for AutoQuad flight controllers.

Re: Kiss ESC and Quatos

Postby Max » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:07 pm

Max

Postby chschmid » Sun May 01, 2016 7:41 pm

[quote="Cookiemonsta"]So here it is...tuned some of the parameters (tau and learning rate a little down) and voila...it's perfectly flying :)

Nice. Congrats.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Astudillo » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:15 pm

hey guy's,

I got some trouble with my AQ6-quatos and kiss esc setup.
I wanted to test the 24a kiss esc on my AQ machine. So i chanced from CAN to PWM in the motor mixing tab, and changed value_scal to 100 and chanced the esc type to standard pwm. Afterwards i ran the esc calibration.
So now i armed the machine and throttled up, but the throttle sticks to a set RPM and does not respond to stick input, except at zero throttle it stops. Arming and disarming goed fine.

Any ideas of what the problem could be?

Cheers,

Ray
Astudillo

Postby afernan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:02 am

This kind of problems as you describe are usually related to QUATOS license problems. I guess it worked before well, but I sugest you upload again the fw to the board (what board are u using?). Maybe you can try PID fw instead QUATOS to check that ESC-Motors runs well.
Angel
afernan

Postby Astudillo » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:56 pm

Hey Angel,

Thanks for the tips, i refreshed the latest(1923) firmware and tried the PID option(QUATOS_ENABLE = 0).
With the default motor mixing for a X quad. The motor responded to the throttle but jittered a lot(see second part of the youtube video). When i uploaded the quatos params from the quatos tool + A1&2 and the rpm scale. The problem reappeared again.
Then i tried the hott 445 firmware from Menno. I uploaded the quatos params etc and i also had a throttle problem staying on a fixed rpm. So i put back the default mixing table for a X quad, and tried again(first part of the video)
I'm not completely sure that Quatos is active in this firmware (there is specific quatos firmware for the M4 but i use a AQ6).
But the motor seems a lot smoother.

So the AQ6 worked with the Esc32v3's on can-bus, but wil not work with quatos on the 1923 firmware, and works on the pid controller if i change the motor mixing back to the default X quad settings. so could ik be that the problem lies there?

I included a copy of my quatos params
Horus4_2_jordana.params.txt
(5.34 KiB) Downloaded 1165 times

My A1 = -0.012465
A2 = 4.64e-05
Scale factor = 100

Cheers,

Ray
Astudillo

Postby bluuu » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:13 pm

Looks like motor-esc problem. Not like Quatos or PID problem.
You must check it with propeller, i think.
bluuu

Previous

Return to Quatos Adaptive Control