[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - some questions regarding Quatos tuning

some questions regarding Quatos tuning

The new control algorithm for AutoQuad flight controllers.

some questions regarding Quatos tuning

Postby jet » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:38 am

Hi, all.
This is my first time to use Quatos.
I had some problems:
1.Based on AQ wiki, for Quatos Thrust curve measurement, "Note down these numbers and copy them into the RPM and thrust culumns of this spreadsheet."
I can arm and start motors; but, what command to down these numbers?

2.When I armed my motors with Quatos FW and ESC32, from the mid-throttle to the max-throttle, the speeds of motors were same. If I used non-Quatos FW, the speeds of motors changed depending on the value of throttle.
What is the problem?

Thanks for help.
Jet
jet

Re: some questions regarding Quatos tuning

Postby chschmid » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:04 am

Hi Jet

To find the quatos numbers you need a thrust measure rig.

Then you run your motor from QGC or putty at different RPM's. Note RPM and thrust. You must calibrate your ESC32 first.

Post your mot and prop here, maybe someone already did that combo.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby jet » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:19 am

Hi, Christof.
Yes, I had calibrated my ESC32.
My motors are LD Power MT3110 and props are tarot 12x55.
My question is how to copy the numbers into a spreadsheet as figure shown.
For example, I can arm and start motors with RPM300.
Then, how to understand the thrust, Scale rpm by 10, etc?
Thanks for help.
Attachments
thrust_sheet1.png
Thrust spreadsheet
thrust_sheet1.png (67.38 KiB) Viewed 17585 times
jet

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:06 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby jet » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:49 pm

HI, aBUGSworstnightmare.
Hmmm...thanks for your clear description!
I got it!
I will try soon.
Thanks again.
Jet
jet

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:32 pm

o.k. QUATOS adds a little work but the tuning is pretty easy.
Made the maiden with the Nylon RCTSpider today -- looks like a good .xml-file and a nice parameter set.
Have a look at it here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4543&p=34000#p34000
'Tuning' was quite simple: Lowering A1/A1 and gain --> adjusting it before take-off with trims (based on sound and vibration (if you can see some) --> liftoff.

O.K. some more tuning is required but you're faster done as when using PIDs
aBUGSworstnightmare

Return to Quatos Adaptive Control