[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Error in PID QGC

Error in PID QGC

The new control algorithm for AutoQuad flight controllers.

Error in PID QGC

Postby plexus » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:30 pm

Hi,
I want to add a TX video on my frame. It is at 18,5cm on the left side of the body. When i enter values in the quatos configuration ("offsety=0.18) " and I am trying to insert it in the Mixing Motors of the QGC I get an error.
I tried others values in different sections (Lipo, body, camera) offsety left or right , changing the sign that is always an error resulting.

Where is the mistake ?
thanks.
Alain
errorpid.jpg
Last edited by plexus on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
plexus

Re: Error in PID QGC

Postby plexus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:22 pm

Hi,
Anyone to explain my problem ?
At that time I cannot use an offset Y +or- for my config in the mixing table.
:mrgreen:

alain
plexus

Postby JussiH » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:51 pm

Something is wrong, thats for sure.

Pls post the XML file and the full output. And tell us which version of the quatos tool was used to calc the profile.

You have the TX cube defined 18 cm to the right of the origin with a mass of 80 grams. That should create a right side imbalance (that side is heavier), that should show up as as higher roll thrust numbers...

But instead it looks to me like the Quatos tool perceived that the TX cube was 18 cm behind the origin - in which case the result is correct and more pitch thrust is beeing allowed on the rear motors to compensate for a tail-heavy craft.

Bill, Srinath, Max:

This looks oddly familiar.....NED on craft and ENU in quatostool? The output is inconsistant with the XML, so something is going on....can you take a look, pls.

Thanks

Jussi
JussiH

Postby plexus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi Jussih
I dont understand but may be an error in the values ???
If you could see in the attached file the XML.
I use the converter inside the QGC 1.6.1.
Same problem with dos command or quatostool on line.

Thanks
Alain
essai.xml
(1.48 KiB) Downloaded 785 times

essai.txt
(5.53 KiB) Downloaded 756 times

instalquatos.JPG

Instalquatos2.JPG
Last edited by plexus on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
plexus

Postby JussiH » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:49 pm

Yes, you have the VTX off to the left side of the craft. That is what you defined by setting offsety = 0.18

In case you have such inbalance, you will get a similar result, because Quatos compensates to give the motors on the heavy side of the craft more thrust to deal with it. Its perfectly normal.

The problem is that in your case it should produce a roll offset and not a pitch offset.

Its probably just a mismatch somewhere and I am sure it will be cleared up pretty fast. Could be as simple as mmPitch and mmRoll values beeing swapped in QGC, far as I can tell...more competent people in these matters are probably looking at it now.
JussiH

Postby Kisssys » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:28 pm

Seems like I brought up the moment issue a couple of month's ago when Adam was playing with the long tail boom.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby plexus » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:56 am

Thanks for the explanation. I hope the chiefs will solve the problem in a short time.

Alain
plexus

Postby drone-controls » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:06 pm

The bug in power distribution for non-symmetric frames has been corrected. We expect the revision will be available in a day or two.
drone-controls

Postby plexus » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:10 pm

hi drone-controles,

Thanks very much, I see you are very reactiv. :P

Alain
plexus

Postby Max » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:18 am

Updated quatosTool is now available. This fixes the mass offset axis errors reported here.

CLI versions at ftp://ftp.autoquad.org/3/334693_22529/utilities/ , online version at http://www.drone-controls.com/index.cfm ... s-tool.htm , or update to new QGC 1.6.2 (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4361).

Sorry it took a while to get this out!

-Max
Max

Next

Return to Quatos Adaptive Control