[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Saturation in motors

Saturation in motors

The new control algorithm for AutoQuad flight controllers.

Saturation in motors

Postby plexus » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:59 pm

Hi I am with quatos , firm R445
My new X8 coax in X flies very well but the motors are a little bit in saturation. I no found what parameters to change to be below 4100.
My X8 has a weight of 2.1kg and 8 motors 110w with Eprop 10x5.
When I fly without quatos the motors are around 3200 in the graph.
X8motor saturation2.jpg

Alain
plexus

Re: Saturation in motors

Postby plexus » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:18 pm

No reply ?
plexus

Postby drone-controls » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:45 am

First 1 question.
Was your X8 from that period setup properly? Your X8 with Quatos correctly set up, flew only on March-18th, as per this post.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4380&start=10
So is this Feb-09th post from an earlier attempt with possible mistakes in setup?

In case you experience saturation, lower the gains a bit. Reduce the magnitudes of AM1 and AM2 as a starting point
So if AM2 is -20, try making it -15
drone-controls

Postby plexus » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:50 am

Hi drone-controls,

Yesterday in very strong wind before a storm : AM1=-12 AM2=-25 Gain= 13.5 and other test with AM1=-10 AM2=-20, but no change.
You can see the 2 motors working against the wind and N°2 is in saturation.
motor satvery strong wind.jpg

Today no wind with differents values of AM1and 2:
motorssat1.jpg

Without wind no changes in the value of AM1 or 2, Only a little saturation (the 2 spikes) when the throttle are at full position.
Y believe i must play with AM1, AM2 and gain to find the good adjustment in the wind. No in quiet day.

Alain
plexus

Postby bn999 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:34 pm

bn999

Postby plexus » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:53 pm

]Hi Bn999,
what you mean by "unless you don't have your output scale set properly. ?
On my opinion if the motors was underpowered, I would had the same thing without quatos, that is not the case. (without quatos no clipping).
Alain
plexus

Postby bn999 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:47 pm

Have you properly set your MOT_VALUE_SCAL parameter coinciding with your ESC32's PWM_RPM_SCALE parameter?
bn999

Postby plexus » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:50 pm

plexus

Postby plexus » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:35 pm

Hi,
Setting the value of :
AM1= -8
AM2= -11
Gain= 9
seems to be OK.
see the file with a strong wind.

Very good hold, as a rock !

log03525032015.jpg
plexus

Postby Mullet » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:50 am

I'm having a similar problem with saturation, but with the brushed motors that come standard on a Ladybird. I'm using the standard Quatos settings for a Ladybird v2 and have noticed that flight has progressively gotten worse over time. One symptom is when flying in reverse pitch (rear of quad coming back towards me) the quad will tend to dip sharply and I have to apply a lot more throttle to keep the quad in the air. I've also started to try reading logs and I can see the saturation on all motors. The first two pics are examples from saturation on all 4 motors. I changed AM2 to -16 from -50 and noticed some improvement. Now Motors 0 and 2 (A and C on a mix table) are looking better. Not sure how to change "gain". Looking at the troubleshooting page I couldn't find a cause that would match to what I'm seeing. Also I'll include pics of what the quad looks like. It has 3D printed frame and the KISSSYS expander board with a HC05 bluetooth board tacked on with double-sided tape.

Pics of the Ladybird...

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

Pics of saturation on 4 motors -50 AM2

MotorAC_Sat_-50.png

MotorBD_LoSat_-50.png

Pics of saturation on 4 motors with AM2 change to -16

MotorAC_Sat.png

MotorBD_LoSat.png
Mullet

Next

Return to Quatos Adaptive Control