[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Quatos and one motor off ?

Quatos and one motor off ?

The new control algorithm for AutoQuad flight controllers.

Quatos and one motor off ?

Postby plexus » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:58 am

Hi ,
Have you try quatos on an Hexa with one motor off , or with a propeller broken ?
alain
plexus

Re: Quatos and one motor off ?

Postby DUKE40 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:13 am

Hi Alain,

I remember seeing a video lately here in the forum where one of the team members showed exactly this, an Hexa (or was it an octo, I am not sure) with one and even two motors off, it was very balanced and you almost did not notice the motor shutting down in flight if not looking excatly at the props.
Unfortunately I do not find the thread right now. But maybe someone else can point to it.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby kinderkram » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:30 am

Here you go, though it´s 2 motors off at parts:

kinderkram

Postby Astudillo » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:33 am

Astudillo

Postby plexus » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi ,
Thanks for the replies
@ astudillo and Duke40 that was with L1 system.

@ kinderkram. Fantastic video, but as you said , not for me as hobby, too much expensive.

Alain
plexus

Postby joebar.rc » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:39 am

joebar.rc

Postby plexus » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:08 am

Hi Menno,
Many thanks for your constructive reply.
My Hexa (56 cm) is in aluminium parts home made. Motors MT2216 and 10x4.5 propellers and Gopro with gimbal home made. The lipo is an 4S 5800 mA and the air time is around 18 mn.( I dont know how to reduce the weight. May be a frame in carbon) ?. It fly very well with a very good hold in wind. Never that with other FC as A2. The autoquad for me is the best. That is why if I can upgrade to Quatos with a licence at 90USD, I agree, but not more.

alain
plexus

Postby plexus » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:35 pm

Hi,
Now i am with hobby quatos. My hexa weight 2150g. I tried to load one arm with +250g and it take off very well , no roll and very stable.
Second test with one motor off, and I cannot take off, the rpm seems to be too low. The throttle is full.
Why ???
Third test with an propeller broken on motor 4, it fly very well but if you have a look on the log you can see a saturation .
charge et sans helice.jpg
load and without prop.

helice cassée.jpg
Propeller broken flight ok

Thanks

Alain
plexus

Postby drone-controls » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:27 pm

Saturation occurs when a motor is lost or a propeller is missing/damaged, because the remaining motors have to pick up more of the load

Quatos has a dynamic control allocation module, that gives priority to attitude(roll, pitch) stabilization in the event of saturation. When you are on the verge of saturation, yaw control will be lost. Sometime thrust will also be cut. All this is done to minimize the chance of the craft toppling.

Being able to fly a hex properly without a motor requires a combination of right motors+props+Airframe. Not all combinations can manage it.
drone-controls

Postby plexus » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:19 pm

Hi,
Many thanks for your explanation. Very instructive for me.
But mine hexa without one propeller cannot take off. If i have a look on the video of menno (see in that post) it is possible. Is it a probleme of power motor ? I believe my motors (roxxy 2827-35 ) are not too much powered.

Alain
plexus

Next

Return to Quatos Adaptive Control