[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Quatos with non-symetrical Quadrocopter?

Quatos with non-symetrical Quadrocopter?

The new control algorithm for AutoQuad flight controllers.

Quatos with non-symetrical Quadrocopter?

Postby DUKE40 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi,

I have a CamCruiser FPV where the front arms have broader angle than the rear arms, and the length of the arms is slightly different.
CamCruiserFPV1.jpg

How should I proceed when using Quatos?
In the documentation the only example is very basic, all distances are the same.
But how should a frame with different distances like the one above be defined in the XML file?
Best regards,
DUKE40

Re: Quatos with non-symetrical Quadrocopter?

Postby DUKE40 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:25 pm

Some additional infomration, distance between motors 67cm, distance fron motors to center of Craft 33cm, distance rear motors to center of craft 34cm.
Center of craft being between the rear end of the GPS Antenna and 1cm in front, where the center of gravity is located as well.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby Kisssys » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:05 pm

Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby DUKE40 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi Kisssys,

many thanks for this clear explanation.
With that I will be able to create my XML file.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby kinderkram » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:43 pm

Steve: someone should transfer this as an example to the Wiki.

Duke: I´d treaten it as a Quad X with an average mot dist of 35.5 cm. :D
kinderkram

Postby Kisssys » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:40 am

Norbert

That was cut from an example XML file I believe comes with the quatos tool and your right it's probably close enough to a Qaud X of 35.5 cm.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby DUKE40 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:01 am

This is what I measured:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- Distances in meters
Wieghts in grams
+1 == CW rotation
-1 == CCW rotation
-->
<quatos_configuration>
<craft id="CamCruiserQuad_X" config="custom" motors="4">
<geometry>
<motor port="1" rotation="+1">+0.243, +0.216</motor>
<motor port="2" rotation="-1">-0.243, +0,216</motor>
<motor port="3" rotation="+1">-0.244, -0.244</motor>
<motor port="4" rotation="-1">+0.244, -0.244</motor>
</geometry>

no really a Quad 35.5cm. But anyway, now I know how to put my XML together and that is the most important for me.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby joebar.rc » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:19 am

In the current version of the quatos tool, using a custom config and distances will not give the correct quatos motor power and momentum outputs.

You can do that yourself like this:
Note: X-frame example

Distance FC to motor = 0.243
sqr 2.0/2.0 * distance = 0.1718 <- place this in the geometry

So:motor port="1" rotation="+1">+0.1718, +0.1527</motor

Menno
joebar.rc

Postby DUKE40 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:47 am

Hi Menno,

I am not sure now about your comment.
th distance between the motors and FC is not 0.243 but rather 0.324 for the front motors and 0.341 for the rear motors.
Further the distance on the roll axis is higher than the distance on the pitch axis for the front motors.
How should my geometry look like?
I am now a little bit unsure how to do it right.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby joebar.rc » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:27 pm

joebar.rc

Next

Return to Quatos Adaptive Control